Author Topic: Revell IXc 1/72  (Read 53999 times)

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
Re: Revell IXc 1/72
« Reply #135 on: 21 Jan , 2014, 18:00 »
Hi Guys,
here is a good shot of U-505 at the time of capture.  the bow vent did indeed have the small bars across them.
 Dan

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #136 on: 22 Jan , 2014, 20:35 »
Here's the bars on the forward tube limber holes today. ;)   All and all the boat is essentially the same as it arrived in Chicago, with the exception of the decking, which rotted away, the depth charge and bomb damage done to it off the coast of AFrica, and what the Chicago winters corroded away.  I've been watching this boat since it came out of the floating dry dock and was dragged across the Outer Drive in 1954.  They even have had one of the engines running.  She's the most intact WWII German submarine around. :)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #137 on: 23 Jan , 2014, 23:49 »
Like Thomcdrchief, I have spent a lot of time viewing the actual U505, I am from the Chicago area, and while I was there for leave last year I took a lot of exterior and interior photos.  If folks are interested I can start a thread that posts most of those photos.
Ernest

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #138 on: 24 Jan , 2014, 05:16 »
Like Thomcdrchief, I have spent a lot of time viewing the actual U505, I am from the Chicago area, and while I was there for leave last year I took a lot of exterior and interior photos.  If folks are interested I can start a thread that posts most of those photos. Ernest

yes Yes YESSSSSSSSSSS !!!   :D
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #139 on: 24 Jan , 2014, 12:59 »
Like Thomcdrchief, I have spent a lot of time viewing the actual U505, I am from the Chicago area, and while I was there for leave last year I took a lot of exterior and interior photos.  If folks are interested I can start a thread that posts most of those photos.
Ernest

Hi All, on a similar vein, I have quite a few pictures of the U 534 if people are interested in them I can do likewise.

Also I am returning there in March (begining or end), so if there are requests!

Regards Jon

"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline DerXL

• Ensign
    • My personal website
« Reply #140 on: 25 Jan , 2014, 05:45 »
Hi Jon.

As Glenn already stated a few post ago:
yes Yes YESSSSSSSSSSS !!!

The more pictures, the better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #141 on: 26 Jan , 2014, 02:36 »
Hi Jon, I am interested in seeing some pictures of U534.

Sincerely,
Ernest

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #142 on: 26 Jan , 2014, 10:47 »
Me too! ;D
Some pics topside if possible, showing the plumbing on top of the pressure hull!   :P
Regards,
Dan

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #143 on: 26 Jan , 2014, 19:48 »
Hi all

Give me a few days to sort some out, all my deck photos at present are from 3rd parties I will have to check usage policies.

Regards
Jon
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #144 on: 27 Jan , 2014, 07:31 »
 :) That would be great Jon!
Dan

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #145 on: 27 Jan , 2014, 15:38 »
On the 1:72 Type VIIC boat, there was a Modelbrass set that included some of the same sorts of pieces.
Mind you, the seller was absolutely HORRIBLE to deal with.   >:(

Interesting...   look at this:   http://www.modelbrass.com/revell_viic-installed.htm
The photos of a VIIC with the installed Modelbrass inserts (with the HORRIBLE seller, Jason Overhulser)  are taken by Boris Nakropin.  He is the SAME person that is now selling the new PE 'inserts' for the Type IXC.   

I really hope those 2 guys are not in cahorts, because Jason Overhulser was absolutely HORRIBLE to deal with.

Hmmmmmmm..........   :(

Glenn,

I think you might be correct in being concerned about this guy.  I sent him a prepaid order ten days ago on Ebay, and haven't received the set, he hasn't shipped it, and its no longer being offered for sale. >:(

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #146 on: 28 Jan , 2014, 05:49 »
Hi Glenn, all clear-signal for that matter: I have good experience dealing with B. Nakropin. I buyed from him via the german e-bay section a few photoetch sets for the VII (Revell). No problems at all and high-quality frets. AFAIK he is the only one who provides torpedo-tube-doors with hinges, so this doors are really three-D (Yankee Modelworks torpedo-doors have not that level of detail). Think there is more to come from his label for the new IXC.

Hi thomcmdchief,     
falo seems to give a good reference to Boris Nakropin, so I don't know what to tell you.   If you paid by PayPal (hopefully) seriously consider putting in a dispute NOW.   That'll get everyone's attention... eBay, vendor, PayPal, etc... and hopefully start the ball rolling again.  You could cite your concerns about complete lack of communication, and apparent non-processing of your order. That's exactly what I had to do with Modelbrass after 5 days of no communications after I sent my order and paid for it.   Best of luck!
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #147 on: 28 Jan , 2014, 08:04 »
Thanks Glenn, its been 24 hours since I sent him a note through EBay, and no reply yet.  So, I'll give them a shout when they open, start a full court press through EBay and PayPal. 

Thom

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #148 on: 28 Jan , 2014, 08:41 »
Hi Glenn, hi Thom,

as I said before: I bought several items from this seller concerning the typeseven (1/72 scale). No problems at all. Once a order did not reached me due to german federal post problems (I suppose they lost it) and he sent me the pe-fret again at no charge. In addition look at his e-bay ratings (100%).

Regards
falo

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #149 on: 28 Jan , 2014, 12:55 »
Thanks falo, Boris sent me a note via EBay with a good explanation.  He changed the vent perimeter on the fret for the vents directly below the aft torpedo tubes, and if you look at the set, you can see where the brass comes up short of covering the plastic.  He'll be shipping in a day or two. ;)