Author Topic: Grateful if you can help me choose a name for a submarine website  (Read 1113 times)

Offline submarinehunt

• Midshipman Cadet

I am hoping to make a website showing the detailed controls / technology of a u boat (probably a type VII). However, i want to make it in the form of writing about a typical u boat patrol, and using the story as a thread, add detailed images explaining the technology etc.
As you may know, website names are extremely difficult to find since people hog them and ask for exorbitant amounts. For an example, submarinewar.com is for sale for 15,000 dollars ! Anyway, i managed to get two domain names and would be grateful for your advice regarding these. I have submarinehunt.com and submarineattack.com  .  I am asking around to find out which is a better name. In your opinion, which of the two do you think will be more memorable / engaging ? One could think of better names, but considering that only these two are available, I really would appreciate it if you will give your opinion as to which you think would be a better name. As this forum consists of "technically minded" people, your feedback would really be appreciated. Thank you very much. Pras

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
Sounds interesting. Though you might have to compete with Uboat.net and PigBoats.com ;)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Interesting!

to me the hunt implies anti-sub warfare, and the attack subs at their best. Both about tactics and yes, equipment, but more about the life and purpose than technical stuff. I would be thinking more like submarinecontrol, or controlroom.

Just my 2 cents. Your project sounds great, keep us posted!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz