Author Topic: Type IXC accessories  (Read 62196 times)

Offline falo

• Admiral
Re: Type IXC accessories
« Reply #135 on: 05 Oct , 2014, 02:08 »
Hi Glenn,

Shall I contact the seller for you? Please let me know what information do you need from him or post your questions here. Just have to reactivate my ebay account because of this password hack matter which happened a few weeks ago ...

Regards
Falo

@ Cap: I know what you mean even by using Otos deck IMO there would be not enough light to show all the details of the lower and upper pressure hull. BUT as modellers it is important for us to know that the details are there, even when they are hidden. It's a kind of "superdetailing desease" with no chance of healing ;-)

« Last Edit: 05 Oct , 2014, 02:14 by falo »

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #136 on: 05 Oct , 2014, 05:02 »
hi falo,

Absolutely, as hobby modelers we build what we want to build to a detail level we want or are able to, given costs, ability and interest level, and take as long as we want, my local model club motto is, "It's only a piece of plastic", very apt, but when you see the end product your not always sure!

Regards
Jon

"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #137 on: 05 Oct , 2014, 05:10 »
Hi Cap,

maybe you should modify this motto a little bit in view of all the available aftermarket goods for the subs and uboats: "It's only plastic, resin, brass, turned metal and - sometimes - wood"  ;-)

Regards
falo

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #138 on: 06 Oct , 2014, 09:00 »
Hi Glenn,  shall I contact the seller for you? Please let me know what information do you need from him or post your questions here. Just have to reactivate my ebay account because of this password hack matter which happened a few weeks ago...

If you would, that would be great, thanks!    E-mail is best to get in touch with me:  gcauley @ travel-net.com 
Purchasing via the German eBay site would be nearly impossible for me since I do not understand the language, so navigating the sale process will be impossible for me to understand or complete.  I would like to see if we could do the transaction in an English environment.  :P
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #139 on: 06 Oct , 2014, 10:32 »
Hi Glenn,

reactivated my ebay-Account and contacted the seller a view minutes ago for you. I assume that you are a registered ebay member, so I can guide you to the (german) ordering process (if wanted and necessary).

Regards
Falo

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #140 on: 10 Oct , 2014, 02:25 »
Hi Glenn,

contacted the seller two times (on Monday and again yesterday) but get no answer yet and e-auction time is running out (only 9 hours left). Sorry for my unsuccessfulness. Will have that offer in mind for you because I suppose he won't sell the pressure hull and have to offer it again: IMO it's a stiff price.

Regards
falo

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #141 on: 10 Oct , 2014, 08:05 »
Thank you for your help  :)
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #142 on: 11 Oct , 2014, 12:04 »
Hi Glenn,

I have sent you PM

Regards
Falo

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #143 on: 14 Oct , 2014, 08:43 »
Hi Glenn,  I have sent you PM.  Regards,  Falo

Replied... with thanks!  :D
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #144 on: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:01 »
Hi Gents,

had the unique chance to take some pictures from the - a few posts before - mentioned upper pressure hull parts for the IXC. Got my hands for limited time on the original pieces and started photographing. I'am not building a IXC and so it's a service to complete this thread a little bit more. The overall quality of the three casts look very good. As said before and according to the german ebay seller the hull pieces were developed and cast by a professional modeler.

Please note: I don't know the seller and we're unrelated, so this is no commercial it's a documentation of a IMO good work.
I split the pictures. Let's start with an overview:

Regards
falo
« Last Edit: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:26 by falo »

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #145 on: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:16 »
View from above in following order:

- Bow Section
- Mid-Section (conning tower)
- Stern

Please note the upside down boat on the stern section. It's AFAIK not a lifeboat it's a motorboat. The outboard engine was IMO stored under the boat.

Regards
falo
« Last Edit: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:26 by falo »

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #146 on: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:22 »
Let's go on with more detailed pictures ...

Regards
falo

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #147 on: 18 Oct , 2014, 07:24 »
Last three pictures. Hope the photos will be helpful.

Regards
falo

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #148 on: 18 Oct , 2014, 12:16 »
Nice work, but really too thick to use in conjunction with MPM's interior sets.  Those sets mimic the curve of the pressure hull, and on the forward torpedo room upper outer hull, has the torpedo loading hatch modeled.  The other features missing are the hull support  frames which IMHO, are the bulk of what shows through the vents original boat, with the torpedo storage tubes and other plumbing lower than can be seen through the vents.  I do think however, it is someplace to start, and again, I think a vacuformed version would be of interest, at least to me.

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #149 on: 20 Oct , 2014, 09:14 »
Sweeeeeeeeet !!!
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca