Author Topic: Type IXC accessories  (Read 62137 times)

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
Re: Type IXC accessories
« Reply #120 on: 22 Aug , 2014, 11:56 »
Wow!

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #121 on: 31 Aug , 2014, 16:56 »
As I continue to work on the various interior kits, I realize that the kits have no graphics to replicate all the gauge faces aboard the U-505.  I'm not finding much from Goggle, so does anyone have any sources for guage and instrument faces??? I'd love to get some to download and then print to decal sheets.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #122 on: 02 Sep , 2014, 02:36 »
Tore and NZ to the rescue I hope...
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #123 on: 02 Sep , 2014, 02:52 »
Hi thomcmdchief,

please look at my detailed photo thread about the typeseven/41. There are a lot of interior photos, where you can find gauges and so on. If you need high-res photos let me know:

http://models.rokket.biz/index.php?topic=1150.0

Regards
Falo

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #124 on: 05 Sep , 2014, 08:26 »
Hi thomcmdchief,

please look at my detailed photo thread about the typeseven/41. There are a lot of interior photos, where you can find gauges and so on. If you need high-res photos let me know:

http://models.rokket.biz/index.php?topic=1150.0

Regards
Falo

Thanks Falo, those are great pictures and references.  What I'd like are straight on pic's or drawings I can size, print and fix to the blank gauge faces then seal with glazing liquid.  I've been planning to head to the Museum in the next month or so, and they offer a pre-opening access to the U-505 on select weekends at 0800.  Its pricey, $30 for Museum members, but it will give me plenty of time for accurate color pictures of the floors, piping,  the gauges and anything that will help me along.  Besides, according to MPM (CMK) it'll be another six weeks or so for the final two major interior kits to be ready, so I figure it'll be next summer before I'm finished with the interiorized kit.

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #125 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 10:22 »
Hi Gents,

to keep this thread up to date, here are some photos of the upper pressure hull (german ebay section):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/U-Boot-XI-C-Revell-1-72-Druckkorperbausatz-Neu-/121449785297?pt=Standmodelle_Bausätze&hash=item1c46f8a7d1

Regards
Falo

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #126 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 13:42 »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy    :D
I wonder how well the pieces line up with the bottom of the flooding channel cut-outs.
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #127 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 13:50 »
Ugh I cannot read this at all... or even figure out how to contact the person to inquire about it (especially shipping to Canada)!   :(
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #128 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 13:56 »
Hi falo and Glenn,

Interesting find, my first thought was Blue Ridge Models as it seem to have about the same accuracy as their type VII pressure hull, but there is nothing on their website, I'd find it surprising if it is a one off, at the moment I'm stumped as to the manufacturer, cannot tell if the seller manufactured it as he does not have anything else up for sale, anyone shed any more light on this?

The seller has no international postage prices, the item says to "contact seller to request postage to your location"

Regards
Jon
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #129 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 14:22 »
Hi Glenn,

Also says it has a good fit but could be modified to be better, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks a little low but that might be because it is not glued in.
To contact the seller click. Frage stellen. You could try English a high percentage of Germans are fluent in English or use Google translate or even ask falo, I would offer but I am effluent rather than fluent in German.

Regards
Jon
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #130 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 15:18 »
Hi Cap, hi Glenn,

the seller tells in his (german) description that some minor modifications might be necessary but the the overall fit of the three pressure hull pieces is good. Furthermore he reports that the pressure hull is a detailed replica developed by a model builder who used original drawings for this resin casts.

Regards
Falo

P.S.: I'am sure he will deliver to Canada on request and that he is able to answer your questions in english otherwise please let me know.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct , 2014, 15:21 by falo »

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #131 on: 03 Oct , 2014, 18:09 »
It's a nice piece of work, but it reads to me like its an auction, or buy it now for 85Euro???  after buying the first five interior kits, my lovely bride would shoot me to pay that much for such a purchase.   ::)Even so, that's pretty steep for something that's an illusion under the deck.  Seems to me a smart idea might be to buy one, and vacuform a bunch and achieve a much cheaper method of creating a satisfactory illusion.

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #132 on: 04 Oct , 2014, 05:14 »
Seeing as I cannot navigate the German eBay page at all... no clue what buttons to click to achieve ANY desired action... could we get a direct e-mail for the seller?  Please?
Hmmmmmmm...... vacuform.............
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #133 on: 04 Oct , 2014, 05:29 »
Hi all,

Unless you are going to use something like Ottos brass deck and cut some of the openings out I think this is way more detail than is needed, now if you have cut out the lower vents, then you need at least the fore and aft bottom of the pressure hull and the torpedo tubes, unless you are going to mount it low on a base. Then again I'm building an almost complete pressure hull, so who am I to speak about over detailing?

Regards
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #134 on: 04 Oct , 2014, 07:21 »
Exactly the boat I am in, too........    hey look, I made a funny!   :D
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa