Author Topic: Type IXC accessories  (Read 62192 times)

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
Re: Type IXC accessories
« Reply #90 on: 28 Jul , 2014, 09:45 »
Hi Glenn, falo et al,

I'm a bit bemused with CMKs announced list of external detail sets:

N72023 2cm Veirling (self explainatory)
N72020 Weapon Conversion Set - 10.5cm & 2cm Flak Vierling.(earlier armaments for U505)
N72018 Weapon Set- Single 3.7cm M42 & 2*2cm zwilling (final Armament for U505)
N72019 Torpedo Loading Cart on Sea (foreward, aft or both?)
N72013 Exterior Set Part I, no details yet
N72021 Exterior Set Part II, no details yet

I'm guessing that the Veirling being listed with the 10.5cm and by itself would be a welcome, if rather late option for for the Type VIIC/41 (RV05045), or a replacement for the original in the Revell Schnellboot S100 & Flak 38 (RV05002).

If I had to guess I would say that N72013 will be a tower detail set as Glenn said, but I suppect that there will not be a deck gun, probably with some crewmen to populate the tower.

N72021 Would be the equivalent of the N72006 Exterior set Part II resupply at Sea. However the N72006 set is perfectly usable for the type IXC. So all bets are off. Personally I would love to see a turm 0 or II, however as discussed elsewhere this would be very expensive, needing to replace most of the tower and part of the deck.

Regards
Jon

Call me impatient, but I finally outright asked the question of CMK:

Hello Jan,

A while ago CMK announced several upcoming detail sets for the 1/72 Type IX-C U-boat (from Revell).

N72013 Exterior Set, Part I
N72018 Weapon Set- Single 3.7cm M42 & 2*2cm zwilling
N72019 Torpedo Loading Cart on Sea
N72020 Weapon Conversion Set - 10.5cm & 2cm Flak Vierling
N72021 Exterior Set, Part II
N72023 2cm Vierling

However, there has been no indication what several of those sets actually contain!    We would appreciate if you would give details about set contents, CAD images if possible, timelines for release. 

For weapons sets, details about what companies' particular weapons you are using as a basis (Revell, Italeri, etc.) would be also appreciated.

Many of us are waiting to find out what your detail sets include, and are delaying our builds in the hopes of what you MIGHT include.   We would appreciate information from you.

Kind regards,
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
www.travel-net.com/~gcauley/Models
« Last Edit: 28 Jul , 2014, 09:48 by GlennCauley »
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #91 on: 29 Jul , 2014, 03:45 »
Hi Glenn et al,

Fair comment, hope you have better luck than me in getting answers out of CMK.

Regards
Jon
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #92 on: 29 Jul , 2014, 07:30 »
Glenn,
Succinct and to the point.  I'm sure Jan will get back to you today some time, he's good that way, and I hope you'll post his reply here.  I sent an inquiry to Aeromodel several minutes ago trying to determine if executed means my orders have been shipped.  We'll see what I get back, and I'll share it here as well.

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #93 on: 29 Jul , 2014, 08:11 »
I just received an email from Jindra at Aeromodel, and my orders for the interior sets will be shipped tomorrow.  So we'll see how long that will take to get across the pond.

Offline falo

• Admiral

Offline bill_c

• Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: 30 Jul , 2014, 07:47 »
Do you happen to mean THIS set (for the IXC):  http://www.aeromodel.eu/en/1-1-6/NAVY-SERIES-1-72/1-72-U-Boot-IX-Exterior-Set-Part-I-for-REV.html?cur=2

If it is anything like the set for the VIIC (the link you provided) it will include detailed parts for:   attack periscope base, UZO + binoculars, main deck gun (88), and possibly turned metal periscopes.  This is just a guess!
I have the set for my VIIC and it was worth it.   I plan to get the set for the IXC (#N72013).
No, Glenn, I believe that's a different one. I'm getting "AM upgrade-itis" with all these sets. Have the Schatton scopes, so don't need more of them. And I'm doing the late 505 and don't need the 88 deck gun.

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Last Edit: 31 Jul , 2014, 09:24 by GlennCauley »
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #97 on: 31 Jul , 2014, 11:35 »
I received an email from Aeromodel this morning confirming the first five interior kits have been shipped to me as of today. So I'm still in wait mode. 8)

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #98 on: 31 Jul , 2014, 12:09 »
Im really beginning to drool over Oto's PE kit. I hope it will still be around in a few months

To quote NIKE:   "Just Do It"   
:D
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline VonStigler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: 03 Aug , 2014, 07:21 »
Might be old news but I have seen the Eduard 3-part set for sale here for about $70:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BiGAtzteilset-fur-U-boat-IXC-Revell-1-72-von-Eduard-/390899078863?pt=Standmodelle_Bausätze&hash=item5b036696cf   

I thought this was a good price so I ordered one, I have seen the individual sets going for around $40.

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #100 on: 11 Aug , 2014, 18:50 »
I'm still waiting for the first five interior sets to arrive from Aeromodel, but I have been chewing on the kit pictures on Facebook, and I have a question for the experts here.  Does anyone know where I might find 1/72nd scale explosive proof light fixtures as replacements for the resin parts that come with the sets.  I'm looking to illuminate the interior, and I'd like to use realistic lighting.  I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone's suggestions. :)

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #101 on: 12 Aug , 2014, 02:52 »
Hi thomcmdchief,

I would suggest a search of railway lighting.
The picture attached is an HO street light that I found after a quick search, judging by the hand I would say that it is a bit big and too square, but there must be others.

Also finally the interior sets are listed on the CMK website, out of stock 30 days, I think you might be waiting a bit longer yet.

Update:
just found this one, see picture, it would need wire frame adding but it looks close to size

Regards
Jon
« Last Edit: 12 Aug , 2014, 03:37 by Capt Kremin »
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #102 on: 12 Aug , 2014, 08:25 »
Thanks Jon, that's where I started, and there are some promising fixtures, but looking at the pictures of the kit parts, there are a ton of different sized resin fixtures, and until I get them in hand (they have been stuck in Frankfurt since 1 August) I can't determine if I can drill out the kit parts, fit to an LED or grain of wheat bulb.  So I do appreciate the info and will be shopping. ;)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: 12 Aug , 2014, 13:17 »
Hi gents,

The five CMK interior sets for the IXC are now in stock at Hannants in the UK (all showing 20+ sets available). So you might be getting your sets from Aeromodel soon.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #104 on: 12 Aug , 2014, 13:52 »
Hi thomcmdchief , hi Cap,

a friend of mine is a science-fiction modeler and this is his favorite website resp. source for LED lighting:

http://www.paragrafix.biz/search01.asp?MainCat=LEDs%20and%20Lighting

Regards
Falo