Author Topic: Diamond plate  (Read 2085 times)

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
Diamond plate
« on: 25 Apr , 2012, 16:09 »
Does anyone know (stateside if possible) of a place I could get some 1/35 scale diamond plate. I'm attempting to detail the inside of a Char B1 bis (french) and from what I can tell the deck of the tank was a type of diamond (at lest it looks close to it) plate.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Diamond plate
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr , 2012, 05:58 »
Excellent question.  Hmmmm. I don't know, other than trying Evergreen styrene sheets (they have various profiles and textures). I wonder if this would make a good PE sheet?
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr , 2012, 06:17 »
that would be awesome. PE diamond plate would be really cool.

Mike K

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr , 2012, 13:25 »
I remember that type of plating, from my Navy days. The shape , if memory serves, was about 3/4 inch long by 1/4 inch wide (could have been 2/3 by 1/3). If the long diamention was verticle, the angles would have been about 30 degrees, to either side.
This plating was used, on the boats, for the deck between the torpedo tubes abd the "draw bridge" in the forward room. As well as the lower flats in the engine rooms.
I haven't seen any drawings, showing it, in my drawings, but I haven't been looking. If I run across one, I'll post it here.
I, also, vaguely remember seeing it for sale, years ago, but I think it was in a larger scale, like 1/35

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #4 on: 02 May , 2012, 06:23 »
there might be a market for 1:72 and 1:35...

Mike, thanks for the dims. I took some shots of dp on the subs 19 months ago (can't believe that much time has passed!). My wife just bought a huge coffe mug (she only drinks tea in it), it's silver with raised diamond plate. She loves diamond plate.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz