Author Topic: PE Portsmouth Limbers  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
PE Portsmouth Limbers
« on: 10 Apr , 2010, 20:01 »
We are keen to release a high quality PE Set of Portsmouth Limbers for the Revell Gato 1:72.

It would be like the Eduard, except for 2 important points:
  • Portsmouth, NOT EB
  • Accurate (both for WII and Silversides)

Set would have rivet detail.

This would be LIMITED, ONE-TIME only, small run. They would sell at near loss for approximately US$39 + shipping. (Subject to adjustment, final quote not in yet from etcher). Production would be in the 45-60 day range.

If you are interested please email: amp@rokket.biz with subject "portsmouth limbers"

Thanks

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
Re: PE Portsmouth Limbers
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr , 2010, 20:05 »
You know I'm in. PM sent.

Offline TAS

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr , 2010, 09:45 »
I don't post very often but I think I must on this topic. AMP is attempting to offer a PE set to enable modelers who want a Portsmouth boat to convert the Revell kit more easily. This is, to me, am important contribution. This is the time to say "yea" and place an order as these things have a way of disappearing (look at the resin and PE's for aircraft kits that are no longer available) and if anyone even thinks he wants to build a Portsmouth boat, he will NEED such a set! Step up and add your name to the list now! This is'nt going to make anyone rich except you, the modeler by saving you time and effort while gaining accuracy. I'm suprised that the bow limber PE didn't generate more interest- now is the tima for all of these things. Even if you won't build soon, get them and have them in hand. Well, that's enough of my blubbering.

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr , 2010, 23:01 »
Very well put. Email sent. I'm in for one set for sure, possibly two.

Robert

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr , 2010, 07:21 »
Any new info on this?

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr , 2010, 03:10 »
not looking good. Worked on project for 2yrs, expected a moderate response. Those who responded did so quickly and intensely, and they all said lovely things, which make us smile at AMP.

But there were only 6.

20 would be a huge loss, but we would probably go ahead.

at 2 other sites there were a total of almost 100 views, but 0 responses.

It's not final yet, but I think people will have to make do with the paper patterns out there. We'll make a decision soon.

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr , 2010, 05:38 »
I understand, sorry to hear it, but I and I'm sure the rest of us understand.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr , 2010, 18:22 »
Thanks Wild

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr , 2010, 20:30 »
So is twenty the minimum required to start production, then? I would commit to two, if that would help. Perhaps if others committed to getting, say, just one more firm set then that might make the tipping point?

Robert

whaynesmd

« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr , 2010, 12:06 »
I'll go for 2 or more just to try to get this to happen.  Walt

Offline TAS

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #10 on: 26 Apr , 2010, 13:16 »
I'm sure disappointed in the response to the Portsmouth PE. If there was more interest out there, we might be on the way to a bow limber set and even more. As it stands, those may not happen. Seems kind of sad that there is more interest in the German Type VII than the US Gato Portsmouth (the designing yard)! I'm not even sure the Revell EB is fully accurate as it's been years since I've seen the real boat and have no pictures for documentation. And as to aftermarket PE's,I don't recall the plating forward of the planes of ANY boat being full of rivets! I hope more of you might step up and indicate some willingness to place an order to get this ball rolling. Well, there's always scratchbuilding micro details and we're all good at that! I know my old eyes aren't up for that!

Offline TAS

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #11 on: 26 Apr , 2010, 13:34 »
some additional thoughts......
Seems as though every other day I'll find a build article on a kit I have stashed and in it is mentioned a resin detail set or a PE detail set. I launch a search to find said item onlyy to find out the small company is now out of business- no info on the molds,etc. This sort of thing to me, is a little maddening. I don't have the time to read every publication and build log. The long term survivors (the Big guys) don't always make their kits accurate or complete- sure they have reasons and thats OK too. But when the small guys go down, there's not always someone to pick up the ball. For once, I thought I would be on the front of the curve with this thing (the Portsmouth detail items) as opposed to the back of the curve (OOB- sorry no more information). Maybe next time.

Offline Sniperonzolo

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #12 on: 26 Apr , 2010, 15:41 »
I'll be honorate to thake one for me !!!
alessio

hakkikt

« Reply #13 on: 28 Apr , 2010, 01:30 »
I have already sent an e-mail committing to one set - I hereby increase that to two, to help make this PE set reality.

Offline Pepper-mint

• Commander
  • U-1299
« Reply #14 on: 27 May , 2010, 01:14 »
I'm in ! Thank you...

E-mail sent, for 1 set...

8)
« Last Edit: 27 May , 2010, 01:17 by Pepper-mint »
On the W.bench :
Books, pics, drawings, styrene, dreams and :