Author Topic: Fokker E.V "Razor"  (Read 6924 times)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Re: Fokker E.V "Razor"
« Reply #15 on: 05 Nov , 2010, 14:58 »
The "Razor" is nearing completion.  The following shots were all made prior to the sealing coats of Future and weathering.  I ended up painting the stripe pattern on the tail because I torn a decal badly trying to position it.  The machine guns turned out pretty nicely and the engine looks pretty good under the cowling. 

My attempt at simulating the Fokker streaked paint job on the wing turned out ok though there is room for improvement.  I used Mister Kit paints for the colors.

Enjoy the pictures,
Ernest

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #16 on: 05 Nov , 2010, 15:01 »
Here are the pictures of the wings.   :)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #17 on: 05 Nov , 2010, 15:02 »
And one more!

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #18 on: 06 Nov , 2010, 03:19 »
Ernest- atractive looking model this. I like the way you dealt with the tail section- top marks for painting the stripes.
Is there a inner tube inside the PE gun shields? On some pictures it looks hollow?

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #19 on: 06 Nov , 2010, 11:25 »
Thanks Siara!  It really was pretty simple stuff painting the stripes on the tail; just a bit time consuming.  There is a piece of copper wire simulating gun barrels, painted gun metal, running along the bottom of the PE cooling jackets.  It is very hard to see.  Perhaps it would have been better to have painted them a different type of metal color to make them stand out.

Ernest

Ernest- atractive looking model this. I like the way you dealt with the tail section- top marks for painting the stripes.
Is there a inner tube inside the PE gun shields? On some pictures it looks hollow?

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #20 on: 06 Nov , 2010, 19:06 »
love the prop, and the paint is very cool
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz