Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 45447 times)

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #150 on: 22 Mar , 2012, 02:36 »
Hi
Both control arms runs parallel with the deck. The control arms run parallel along the centre arc of the pressure hull and about 400 mm out from the inner pressure hull wall.

Simon, could you make sketch drawing? Especially place, when the shaft goes through the control room forward pressurized bulkhead?

--
Thanks, regards
Maciek

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
« Reply #151 on: 22 Mar , 2012, 03:12 »
Hi Christopher
I still need to fiqure out how it links to the FWD dive plane control below the torpedo tubes. You can see that area from my cut-away part of the model.
Maybe this photo of U190 aft torpedo room will help. I believe, that aft diving planes driving gear on the type IX boats was analogous as forward on type VII.

--
Regards
Maciek

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #152 on: 22 Mar , 2012, 08:43 »
hatch updated, is it ok, or should i modify it a bit more? Also i made the curtain rail.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #153 on: 22 Mar , 2012, 10:56 »
Maybe this photo of U190 aft torpedo room will help. I believe, that aft diving planes driving gear on the type IX boats was analogous as forward on type VII.

Thanks Maciek - that should do for what I need. I suspected it was something like that.
Cheers!
Christopher

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #154 on: 22 Mar , 2012, 18:59 »
Hi
Both control arms runs parallel with the deck. The control arms run parallel along the centre arc of the pressure hull and about 400 mm out from the inner pressure hull wall.

Simon, could you make sketch drawing? Especially place, when the shaft goes through the control room forward pressurized bulkhead?

--
Thanks, regards
Maciek

Top view Control Room

Fig. 1. FWD Dive Planes control arm. Between Forward main bulkhead and Hydroplane Station.

Fig. 2. AFT Dive Planes control arm (Close-up). Between Aft main bulkhead and Hydroplane Station.

Fig. 3. AFT Dive Planes control arm (Full). Between aft main bulkhead and Hydroplane Station.

Fig. 4. AFT & FWD Dive Planes control arms (Full). Control room.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #155 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 00:59 »
Marko
That`s more like it. I`m not sure about the proporsions though. The hatchdoor was always open locked by the catch leftside looking towards aft, it seems that your drawing don`t have space for that (touching the bulkhead of the radioroom).  The curtain rail seems to be on the larger side.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #156 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 02:24 »
Maciek
 Differential gauges of batteryventilation.
I`m a bit bewildered because I cannot remember these gauges beeing outside the batterycompartment. I had the idea they should be in the compartment, in order to have a correct reading. I cannot remember ever to have seen the gauges in the accommodation area above batterycompartment 1 or 2.
Tore 

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
« Reply #157 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 05:18 »
Hi

Thank you Simon for the drawing.

It seems, that the shaft for the forward diving planes goes through the control room curved bulkhead at the height of the hatche's center, and then goes just under the desk in the radio room.
I like the Christopher's idea, where the shaft goes under the officer's room deck plates, but it requires two angle gears (I don't think, that the shaft would go through the deck plates under the angle other than right angle), somewhere in the radio or listening room, to lower the shaft under the fresh water tank...
There is also question, if the compressed air flasks in the forward torpedo room would not be an obstacle, if the shaft would be so low...

--
Regards
Maciek

TopherVIIC

« Reply #158 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 06:02 »
Maciek,
I could go with that since it does seem to exit centrally at essentially right angles, but it may or may not divert at 90 degree angles once through the control room bulkhead. The other control rod links for the buoyancy tanks vary in angle, so I could picture either a 90-90 degree gearbox or universal links at various angles... But I still support the idea of travel under officer decks. Using my physical model, as accurate or not-accurate as it may be, shows the rods as you or I drew them clearing the hp air flasks fwd.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar , 2012, 06:04 by TopherVIIC »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #159 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 06:52 »
I would put up a  90- 90 degree angle in the radioroom as the alternative, keeping the horizontal position of the rod just below the upper batterycompartmentdeck and the same level all the way to the fwd torpedoroom. I guess you would end up at the same level as the 90 degree anglebox in the fwd torpedoroom and behind the upper part of the airbottle where you have space for the rod.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #160 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 06:57 »
Marko.
I have to correct myshelf. I guess you could accommodate a catch for the pressuredoor on the radioroombulkhead, I suggest you show the door open. The curtainrail would be OK.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #161 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 08:45 »
Uh, regarding the hatches, doors etc. i have to check on the final print if the holes would add up, or at least if minor corrections will be needed, then i will do them opened, if the deviation will be too high, then they will remain closed, though i have fingers crossed :)

the curtain itself will be from fabric, since the print would look too unrealistic, the piece of cloth will do its best i guess. Small progress on the bulkhead

« Last Edit: 23 Mar , 2012, 09:23 by Marko »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #162 on: 23 Mar , 2012, 15:41 »
Sorry guys, I am going to be different here  ;D 8)

Here what I think this the path of the FWD Dive Planes control arm.

We know that the control arm exit the Hydroplane Station and runs forward to the forward main bulkhead of the control room near the height of the hatche's centre. Yesterday when I was drawing the shaft I thought it had a 2-4
« Last Edit: 23 Mar , 2012, 20:25 by NZSnowman »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #163 on: 24 Mar , 2012, 02:54 »
Simon
I was too quick in making my remark and had a shortcircuit sorry. Having the rod all the way in the fueltank wouldn`t be the thing. Your new suggestion migth very well be posssible. I would think the pressure-watertight stuffing box in CR pressurebulkhead would have a horizontal passage though.On the panorama photo of the U 995 it looks indeed as it has an angle on the picture but it could be the eye is fooled by the phototecnique. The tube in the FW tank is very probable, in the fwd torpedoroom of the U 995 I am afraid they have disturbed the angle and migth even have cut off the rod making the visitordoor and stair.
Tore
« Last Edit: 24 Mar , 2012, 03:10 by tore »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #164 on: 24 Mar , 2012, 03:45 »
Tore, it good that you think that the pressure-watertight stuffing box in CR pressure bulkhead would have a horizontal, as I also think it would be horizontal :)

Also it nice to hear you talk about the disturbed around the visitor door, because if I used my initial drop of approximately 4