Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 45150 times)

Offline tore

• Tore
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #75 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:58 »
Well, i thought to display it as extended, or is even as extended not correctly drawn?
I think it`s still a bit too wide.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #76 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:00 »

Thanks as well Marko. If you consider to put an EO in my bunk remember I was always wearing a pink striped pyjamas, uniformcap oily slippers and greasy cottonwaste in my hands.
Tore

i have some extra crewmembers, plus i can still get some more from CMK, so i think i could manage to make one to fit your pyjama

So: Yes Sir will do my best!  ;D

Thanks again.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #77 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:03 »
erm, wide in term of length (rear-front) or wide as (port-starboard)?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #78 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:14 »
erm, wide in term of length (rear-front) or wide as (port-starboard)?
Wide as port-starboard. Remember it was in the aisle passageway.
Tore

TopherVIIC

« Reply #79 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:35 »
Marko
If the drawing is anywhere near accurate as far as proportions go, (Tore could answer that better than any of us no doubt) then:
By comparing the port-to-starboard width of the drawing you used for the floor plan http://shrani.si/f/D/Vz/2DWFXv9F/top.jpg the width is .395, and the width between the ribs of the drawing (known to be 600mm in reality) is .528" If you compare the two as a ratio, .528=600mm then .395=448.86mm - give or take a tiny bit. Call the port to starboard width of the open table say 450mm.  That was divided into three pieces, the center of which seems to be slightly wider than the hinged drop leafs.
450mm in 1:72 scale is 6.25 real mm or .246"

Will that help any?

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #80 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:51 »
Hmm, if i will draw it as 6,25 it will be too narrow, it wont fit into revell's measurements, i have trimmed it a bit, and currently is 9mm wide, see the top photo. i could shave off maybe 2 more additional mm (1mm from each side). Food storage is approx. 2-3mm lower than it should be, but i rather trimmed it down to assure visibility to the toilets. And Ladies and Gentlemen, Tore got his bunk back :) , well, at least is in progress  ;)

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #81 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 12:56 »
Marko
If the drawing is anywhere near accurate as far as proportions go, (Tore could answer that better than any of us no doubt) then:
By comparing the port-to-starboard width of the drawing you used for the floor plan http://shrani.si/f/D/Vz/2DWFXv9F/top.jpg the width is .395, and the width between the ribs of the drawing (known to be 600mm in reality) is .528" If you compare the two as a ratio, .528=600mm then .395=448.86mm - give or take a tiny bit. Call the port to starboard width of the open table say 450mm.  That was divided into three pieces, the center of which seems to be slightly wider than the hinged drop leafs.
450mm in 1:72 scale is 6.25 real mm or .246"

Will that help any?
Exellent Christopher! Use that Marko.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #82 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:05 »
Hmm, if i will draw it as 6,25 it will be too narrow, it wont fit into revell's measurements, i have trimmed it a bit, and currently is 9mm wide, see the top photo. i could shave off maybe 2 more additional mm (1mm from each side). Food storage is approx. 2-3mm lower than it should be, but i rather trimmed it down to assure visibility to the toilets. And Ladies and Gentlemen, Tore got his bunk back :) , well, at least is in progress  ;)

I fell homesick allready, but give me a bit deeper cupboard (2mm)aft and wardrobe closets (1mm)forward and let us see how it looks.
Tore.
Tore
« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:10 by tore »

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #83 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:12 »
Okay, tables shaved off, still looks quite good. I was afraid that dimensions would fall off balance, will get to the cupboards and wardrobe next  :)

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #84 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:21 »
cupboard gained 2mm additional depth, wardrobe got extra 1mm.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #85 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:47 »
Marko this is it! And then a small foldable writingplate on the aft cupboard and a 6x7mm blackboard on the aft cupboardside towards the aisle.
Tore
« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 13:49 by tore »

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #86 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 14:11 »
will add it, but on what height?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #87 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 14:42 »
will add it, but on what height?
70-75 cm from floorplate.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #88 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 12:58 »
Hello,

ive been off all day, so now time for some progress again :)

i made the small writing plate on forward cupboard and blackboard on the aft wardrobe, i made them noticeable for assessment purposes with rendering them green

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #89 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 13:47 »
Marko
I have appearently not been very clear in my description.  The folding table (writing) is on the aft (rigth on your drawing) cupboard facing forward paralell with the bunk and could be folded down. The blackboard was on the same cupboard facing towards the aisle. The wardrobecloset (forward) had nothing but two doors opening aft , towards the foldingtable.
Tore