Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 52114 times)

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #90 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 15:08 »
okay, made the corrections, should the folding writingplate be bigger and not necessary
square (could be rectangular)?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #91 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 16:10 »
Sorry, the writingtable is on the forward side of the cupboard where you have drawn something protruding out of the side. Make it as wide as the cupboard and protruding about 45cm out like a deskplate alongside the bunk. I sat actually on a stool next to the bunk writing. The blackboard was placed about where you have indicated a "folding writingplate"  about 2/3 of that size, rectangular and in the centerline of the cupboardside.  It was just an ordinary framed blackboard where the electrician wrote the acidvalues of the batteries by a piece of chalk.  Remove the small square.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #92 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 16:25 »
Marko
I`ll hit the sack now if it`s still unclear I`ll make a drawing tomorrow morning.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #93 on: 17 Mar , 2012, 16:35 »
Oh, a writing TABLE, i confused it with a writing chart (manifest), my mistake :)

so, what i need to do: blackboard which was exactly as in first attempt, only a bit smaller and centered?

and a writingtable in the front of the rear cupboard (the proper table) :)
« Last Edit: 17 Mar , 2012, 20:26 by Marko »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #94 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 00:17 »
Marko that`s it. Make the blackboard a fraction smaller.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #95 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 00:24 »
Yes, the blackboard was centered and if you really want the tiny details it was a small shelf for the chalksticks on the bottom of the blackboard, but then you have to put  5 buttons on my pink striped pyjamajacket as well.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #96 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:06 »
well, i hope that the shelf is small enough, since if i make it thinner im afraid that the laser could not bake it properly, maybe it could, but then again its a 50-50 % chance :) Also i have shrinked a bit the blackboard.
its 0.6mm deep (4.3cm in 1:1), long as whole blackboard, and its 0,3 mm "high" (2,16 cm 1:1)

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #97 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:15 »
This seems to be fine Marko.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #98 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:19 »
Eh, what happen to my "writingdesk"?
tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #99 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:24 »
still there, i just zoomed it in a lot closer  ;D + i changed its layer status, since it got its seal of approval :) did other bunks had such foldable writingtable too? Oh, and i think i could manage those buttons, although i would need additional details about pyjama (base color, stripe color, button color, horizontal or vertical stripes, width of stripes, pocket, and so on)  ;)
« Last Edit: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:32 by Marko »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #100 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 05:49 »
The desk was a luxury just for the chief engineer. We leave further pyjamasdetails to the immagination I guess there were a few grease spots here and there as well.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #101 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 06:12 »
Marko
On your last drawing somehow the bunks didn`t touched the stb bulkhead ( actually the side of the freshwatertank) as they should. Is that a problem for your drawingprogramme?
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #102 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 06:29 »
Uhm, im not exactly sure what do you mean, can you please mark it on this photo - its the middle bunk section view from starboard side (as will be built in).

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #103 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 07:19 »
I guess we are looking from stb side towards port and henc the bow is to the rigth. The curved line indicates the frame (pressurehull). Between the stb pressurehullside and the bunks is the freshwatertank filling up the space. However if the tank is put in it would block the view so may be you could just indicate the tank by hatching or shading  a rectangle on the floor and fwd and aft bulkhead avoiding the bunks are not ending in the middle on the bulhead. Se my bad sketch below. Sorry for the quality  it was made in a hurry on an envelope.
Tore 

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #104 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 07:30 »
Oh!

i get it. 1st there are bunks, then the wall that is dividing fresh water tanks from the interior and theres the outer pressurehull. well, it would be difficult to indicate hatching, there is no point of drawing the water tank since it would close up the interior, however, when painting the pieces together, i guess i could paint that section  light blue with the top edges slightly wavy to point out the water tank, i could also make a slight depression into mid bulkheads (0.3mm) and then simply let the paint roll into it. I guess i will do it that way. Will post the picture as soon as i make it.

In the mean time i made first attempt at the captains quarters, not finished yet, and i know that the rear wall should be a lot lower, though the dimensions would fall out dramatically, somehow i have to make a compromise here, feel free to suggest another solution.