Author Topic: FLAG DELAY  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
FLAG DELAY
« on: 25 Jan , 2010, 16:24 »
Hi to all those with flag orders - some we have contacted direct.

A Raw materials supplier shipped stuff in a bag instead of a box, it was ruined. 2nd shipment was wrapped in paper card board box flaps down the center, not providing any edge or real overall protection. This is like tossing coffee mugs into a paper bag and sending airmail. You can imagine (if you have even a portion of a brain) that it will be smashed in the 1st 2 minutes, and nothing but debris will arrive at the destination!

I have salvaged all that could be salvaged, and have damaged 2 $35,000 printers while trying to use it. Yay!

There will be a slight delay with flag orders.

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Re: FLAG DELAY
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan , 2010, 13:46 »
Sorry to hear about the trouble Wink.  It is enraging when hard work is ruined by the incompetence of others!  >:(  I hope you will be able to recoup all, or at least some, of your losses.

Ernest

Hi to all those with flag orders - some we have contacted direct.

A Raw materials supplier shipped stuff in a bag instead of a box, it was ruined. 2nd shipment was wrapped in paper card board box flaps down the center, not providing any edge or real overall protection. This is like tossing coffee mugs into a paper bag and sending airmail. You can imagine (if you have even a portion of a brain) that it will be smashed in the 1st 2 minutes, and nothing but debris will arrive at the destination!

I have salvaged all that could be salvaged, and have damaged 2 $35,000 printers while trying to use it. Yay!

There will be a slight delay with flag orders.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan , 2010, 04:19 »
Thank you for the kind words and lovely thoughts, Ernest.

It really is a mini-cycle of life. I don't expect myself or others to be perfect, or Rocket Scientists, I just beg for Common Sense which apparently isn't that common!

I have salvaged some materials, and met minimum requirements. Late.

But I REALLY appreciate your kind words, this is really what it's about. Part of my work-for-money job means "emergency" retail to help out other staff, and I see it's amazing how nasty an stupid some people can be. it's needless!

Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Not so many folk are humans anymore.

Thanks heaps.

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan , 2010, 14:12 »
Wink, you are right about alot of people being generally nasty.  It really irritates me when I hear people in either the USA or western Europe - and Australia also if I ever get to visit - complain or act like they are entitled to things just because they exist.  I have to laugh when I hear folks griping about how bad things are in the homeland.  I have three combat tours in either Iraq or Afghanistan, as well as, a few other tours to other unsavory places such as Somalia and Bosnia/Kosovo.  I wish the people who feel things are so terrible could be made to live in one of those places for a year.  I'll bet they will never gripe again, and will treat others a good deal better.

Ernest   

Thank you for the kind words and lovely thoughts, Ernest.

It really is a mini-cycle of life. I don't expect myself or others to be perfect, or Rocket Scientists, I just beg for Common Sense which apparently isn't that common!

I have salvaged some materials, and met minimum requirements. Late.

But I REALLY appreciate your kind words, this is really what it's about. Part of my work-for-money job means "emergency" retail to help out other staff, and I see it's amazing how nasty an stupid some people can be. it's needless!

Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Not so many folk are humans anymore.

Thanks heaps.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan , 2010, 14:59 »
I have noticed that people seem to be more obnoxious and rude than in the past.  Maybe it is just me getting older and wishing for the days gone by. Maybe every generation sees things this way.  Anyway,  I think it would be good for some people in the more developed nations, especially North America, to live in a different culture for a while.  I don't mean visit someplace as a tourist on holiday, I mean live the expatriate life and fully experience a different people.  It can be a very humbling ordeal for some, but enriching for those with an open mind.  At least it was for me, I spent about nine years as an expatriate working and living on the local economy in both Saudi Arabia and the Peoples Republic of China.  To say the least, it opened my eyes and made me a much better person.  Those nine years were the best of my life.

Bill   

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan , 2010, 15:04 »
Well said, Ernest and Bill.

Sadly, many will never have a clue. Ernest, glad you made it back, and thanks for the duty.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan , 2010, 15:13 »
Ernest,

As Wink said, Thank You for your service. 

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan , 2010, 12:44 »
Bill and Wink, thank you for the kind wishes.  25 years went by pretty fast!

Ernest

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan , 2010, 13:13 »
   Hats off to all who have not only served thier country, but to humanity as well.   
          Regards/Cheers Bill