Author Topic: Figure painting - my way ...  (Read 1795 times)

Mr.Mox

Figure painting - my way ...
« on: 06 Feb , 2009, 11:02 »
Well, some time ago I promised Siara to do a quick "how to" on figure painting. First let me state that I don

Mr.Mox

Re: Figure painting - my way ...
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 11:51 »
One of the first thing I do after assembly and cleaning up, is to glue the figures on to something. They are so small than when handeling, there is a risk of rubbing off the paint with your fingers.

As can be seen its a mix of materials, from left to right is a CMK resin figure, then 2 Preiser in plastic and last 2 figures from Andrea in white metal.

Normally I won

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 15:55 »
Good presentation. Gets me thinking I should try putting people on my gato.

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 16:21 »
Good thread. Im going to try to paint the figs soon, and i will let you how i got on. Maybe i do step by step about it. ;D
I just got the Vallejo paints with painting the figures in mind, and this weekend i will put them to test.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #4 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 16:32 »
Thanks for the info, we need more of that here. I agree about the scale. I used to paint the larger 25mm figures for wargames back I Te Day (about 27 years ago!), and haven't done much since. I used the black undercoat too, being so small if helps with shading and depth as you add thin layers on top. You've got a realistic looking clothing/paint effect, very nice.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz