Author Topic: Where to buy Schatton's U-boat accessories  (Read 1764 times)

kklee6

Where to buy Schatton's U-boat accessories
« on: 06 Jan , 2010, 05:54 »
Hi, everyone.

I am going to build the revell VIIC U-boat and have been placing order for U-boat accessories from different vendors.
I have ordered decals and cotton flag from AMP, PE sets from white ensign, modelbrass and eduard.
I would also like to order gun barrels and periscopes from schatton.  I requested quotation by sending an email, in English, to Schatton but have not received any feedback.  Is there any other online dealer, preferably US/UK dealer, who supplies schatton productions?

Thanks.
KK
« Last Edit: 06 Jan , 2010, 05:59 by kklee6 »

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Re: Where to buy Schatton's U-boat accessories
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan , 2010, 07:09 »
Hi, everyone.

I am going to build the revell VIIC U-boat and have been placing order for U-boat accessories from different vendors.
I have ordered decals and cotton flag from AMP, PE sets from white ensign, modelbrass and eduard.
I would also like to order gun barrels and periscopes from schatton.  I requested quotation by sending an email, in English, to Schatton but have not received any feedback.  Is there any other online dealer, preferably US/UK dealer, who supplies schatton productions?

Thanks.
KK

Hi KK, there are two retailers in Germany that I know of who carry Herr Schatton's 1/72 scale uboot detail parts.  Type "Rai-Ro Modellbau" into your webbrowser and that will bring up the first online store.  They have the 8.8 cm barrel, 2.0 cm barrel w/an antenna and the periscope set.  The other place you can try is "Modellbau Koenig".  I knoe they carry the barrels and antenna, but I am not sure about the periscope set.

If you can't find what you want, send me a PM.  I don't live that far from Herr Schatton and can contact him to order direct for you.  I have don so for a couple other modellers on this site so it is not any trouble.  We can work out the details via PM if it comes to that.

P.S. Herr Schatton does not speak or read English so that may be the reason he has not answered.

Ernest 

kklee6

Re: Where to buy Schatton's U-boat accessories
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan , 2010, 07:40 »
Hi, Ernest.

I will try "Modellbau Koenig" first.
If it doesn't work out, I would probably need your help in placing the order.

Thanks a lot for your information and offer.

KK