Author Topic: Working Drawing - VIIC/41  (Read 20030 times)

Offline Johann Vilthomsen

• Lieutenant
Re: Working Drawing - VIIC/41
« Reply #45 on: 06 Oct , 2010, 06:17 »
NZSnowman, your work is amazing.  :o :o

My English is not very good, but I tell you, THANK YOU!

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #46 on: 07 Oct , 2010, 04:06 »
His work is excellent, and your English is very good!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #47 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 15:57 »
Here the latest version of my working drawing, the result of this summer works. I probable spend over 600 hours on this drawing this summer :) I don

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 23:33 »

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 07 Jun , 2011, 13:11 »
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your dedication. You are well on your way to producing the definitive VIIC/41 schematic plan. In future years I'll bet every modeller uses it as their main resource. Once you are finished maybe you could do a VIIC or a VIIB? :)

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #50 on: 07 Jun , 2011, 14:58 »
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your dedication. You are well on your way to producing the definitive VIIC/41 schematic plan. In future years I'll bet every modeller uses it as their main resource. Once you are finished maybe you could do a VIIC or a VIIB? :)

Cheers,

Dougie

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I would be very easy to change it to a VIIC and likely only need a little work to change it to a VIIB.

I would also like to do a encyclopedia of drawings of all the different bridge & wintergarten layouts for all the Type VII's, would make a great book ;)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #51 on: 08 Jun , 2011, 04:17 »
Hmmm..good idea
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Anakin

• Sir Submarine
  • Lt Cdr
« Reply #52 on: 09 Jun , 2011, 10:12 »

bracco_n

« Reply #53 on: 09 Jun , 2011, 10:39 »
Ever thought of building a model Uboot Simon? I mean, with all that reference info you could make a great model!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #54 on: 09 Jun , 2011, 15:04 »
I think I would have the skills to build a model. As I am uses to working are very small things as part of summer job. I uses to make lots of models while I was a kid. However, I have zero painting skill :( I would need to pay someone to paint it for me.

Maybe after I finish the drawing I will build one ;D

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #55 on: 10 Jun , 2011, 00:38 »
i know id love to see your build, no matter what the quality of painting, and i'm quite sure that even that would be excellent. By the way, are you planning to do the interior on your drawings too (sorry if you already said you would or not, i just could not find anything written about it) :)

regards,
Marko

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #56 on: 10 Jun , 2011, 13:14 »
Yes I am also drawing the internal sections of the boat. I have complete 30% of the of this. In fact there really five main parts to the drawing. The internal side view, internal top view, exterior side view, exterior top view & exterior top view under the deck.

Doing the internal sections of the boat a lot harder for me and they take a very long time. It very important to me to be as nearly to 100% correct as I can get it. It also real important to draw all the pipe, wiring, bolt & nuts rivets etc.. correctly and know what they do ;D I could easily draw these things from the pictures we have, but this is not good enough for me.

For example, this whole summer or winter, Maciek & I have been working of the internal piping of the torpedo rooms and I feel we only understand about half the piping system. So you can see it can take time. This detail can be see in my drawing, but no one but a real u-boat nut (like us) we ever see this detail ;D

I have not posted many pictures of my internal drawing, and if I do I usually keep them smaller. I do this for several reasons, one, they changes a lots, as newer information come in. Two, I am a little worry about copyright. Once completed I would like to sell a few full size drawings just to help pay back some of the printing cost of the test printing (it cost me about $150-$210 NZD each time to print it out, as the full poster is large at 2.1 x 0.5 m).