SEA > DD

Flower Class Corvettes in DKM service

<< < (2/2)

TRM:
Rhett,

Sorry to here about the lack of information.  Not sure what you can find here:

Naval Weapon of the World

here:  Same site,different link

Last resort...Axis History Forum  Give a search or join...quick search:Forum listing for 10.5cm

Also, query changes on your searches....Booklet of plans, general booklet, diagrams, schematics, line drawing, etc. with any combination cross referencing boats, manufacturers even years made might work.

Good Luck

rhettscott:
TRM,
Thanks once again for your excellent suggestions.  I pulled down several diagrams and photos of "typical" single mount 10.5cm guns and will have a go at a scratch build when it comes time.  For now, I will continue to plan to pillage a few S-100 and E-Boat kits for other guns, carly floats and other things I will need.  I think some of the details from Great Little Ships may also work, especially their bandstands, since I will need at least two or three more than the Flowers were built with.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
rgds,
Rhett

Rokket:
Keep us posted it's a great project!

rhettscott:
Rokket and others,
Okay, so things move slowly.  I have acquired two of the old MPC/Airfix E-boats to scavenge accessories, crew and guns. I am looking at the mine racks to see if one set will do, or if I will be taking both and combining them, at least in part.

I am still looking for any ideas on how to find more than the usual 3-4 photos of the ex-Flowers in German service in Le Havre port. Between the German Archives and French Archives, I expected at least a few more shots.

I am now also looking for photo resources for WWII era shipboard activity on all smaller vessels DDs on down to get ideas for what the Flowers would have looked like in action.  I assume the Germans would have done anything they could to "normalize" these boats to other vessels in the fleet.  After all, they are know for being bureaucratic to a fault.

My next task is to get ahold of the flakvierlings for the two mounts. Probably means getting two S-100 kits to strip down as I have listed above.

More as I go.
rgds,
Rhett Scott

Rokket:
the kit bashing is great resource.

I don't have any ideas for photo sources....but this is a great project

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version