Author Topic: VII/C-41 U-1023  (Read 20129 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: VII/C-41 U-1023
« Reply #15 on: 31 Oct , 2011, 05:24 »
Very nice stuff, especially the seat/step! Nicely done! Those details make a difference!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Nevermind4712

« Reply #16 on: 02 Nov , 2011, 07:26 »
I reworked this Parts from the Tower now,..i know i can make it better:).
Next Update you see it i think:)

Ok..i switch to the Hull,..time for PE:).

This are the Stars from today:

I start with the back, i bend carfully after i glow out over a fire (right english?).

Than open the hull, put it in.
I try to fix with Magic-Sculp but on the other Side i take another Way.

Than filling, sanding and a Layer with Colour to look where i have to do something.
I have to fill some Gaps and sanding but is not much work and i think is okay than.

Ok...Front, same Procedure but i didnt use Magic-Sculp to fix.
I glue small Evergreen-Strips inside that the PE are in a correct Position, than CA

Here i need only a little bit Surfacer and a little bit fine Sanding and finish:)

Ok,..both sides with the Original, i see a little Difference:).

Ok..next..the Saddletanks have in front a wrong form, he have to look like the back.

First i take my Proxxon and sanding the front that the Putty can hold.
Than i roll a little bit Magic-Sculp to get the Form what i need and pu than Layers from the Sculp if i think that is enough.
In this fall was much to much but is my first time i try to modelling something in this Form:)

..after some Hours of sanding (pls remind me that i didnt take so much Sculp on the other Side)

I have there to sand something, some corrections and than Surfacer but i think is okay,..or?

Ok,.tell me what you mean and what i can make it better:)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: 03 Nov , 2011, 05:22 »
All excellent changes, worth the effort, and well done.

Nevermind4712

« Reply #18 on: 04 Nov , 2011, 11:07 »
Thx a lot for response:)

I change know to the Conning Tower ( the Hull need a little break;) )

Here are the PE from Eduard (grey) and YKM (gold), there are for the Ladders and Handrails outside.
I use the Eduard PE, YKM is to big and i have to fill and sand the holes because the Revellrails/ladders are 1mm but i want to use 0,5mm copperwire.

Now the Hatches for the Outside.
Eduard want that you fold and glue,..i like it more to fold and soldering.

Than i fixed the Hatch with Tape and make a mark through this long hole, after that i drill the markes area out (bad pic,..i know:\ )

Than glue the Hatch at the Tower and if you look through the hole,..you see nothing,..only Darkness and you dont need a Pinwash:).

The hatch have to be higher as in the Revellkit because there are a "Pipline" at U-1023 (early Snorkel), if we let the Hatch in the original Position you cant open it.

Ok,..thats it for today, i think at the next Update the lower Structure is finish with Rails, Ladders, Rivets and welds:)

And now i need Help pls.

On this Pic there are the left Side different as in the Kit, i marked with 1.
Have someone a Pic from a Boat from the left Side so that i can see what i have to rebuild?.

And what this for Piplines at the end??? (marked as 2.)

Thanks a lot :)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #19 on: 04 Nov , 2011, 11:50 »
Pipe 2 this the spare gun barrel tube. They would store spare gun barrels for the 3.7 cm gun. I have some close-up pictures if you need them.

Nevermind4712

« Reply #20 on: 04 Nov , 2011, 14:13 »
@NZsnowman

I have some close-up pictures if you need them.

Oh,..Shure, i need it:)
Thx a lot:)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #21 on: 04 Nov , 2011, 14:47 »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 00:00 »
The hatch looks really good - I like soldier PE whenever possible too.

Nevermind4712

« Reply #23 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 02:22 »
Thx for the Pic NzSnowman:).

But was the Tube not fixed or it was transportable?.

@rokket
Me too,..is sometimes easier and not so expensive as CA;)

But another Question.

Here the Sideview.

The black line is a weldline, the red are Rivets.
Front isnt a Problem, the same as the normal VII/C.
But what is with the back?.

If i take the same line as the front it looks...crap?.
Was there a middle line of rivets or only vertical lines?.

I didnt find a Pic from a c-41 where i can see it:\

What would you do in this Question? ???

Edit:

And have someone seen a Pic or a Plan with this two Doors (red marked) at a VII/C-41??.
I start in the Moment to believe this Boat didnt have this Doors ???

« Last Edit: 05 Nov , 2011, 10:03 by Nevermind4712 »

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #24 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 10:20 »
Hi Roland!
Those hatches certainly don't appear on the artworks of the VIIC/41 by Waldemar Goralski nor on the technical profiles by Kagero. Am gonna hunt for pictures and tell you asap.
I love the progress of your work, coming along beautifully, BRAVO, keep up posting!!!
cheers
SG
« Last Edit: 05 Nov , 2011, 10:40 by SG »

Nevermind4712

« Reply #25 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 10:25 »
Am gonna hunt for pictures and tell you asap.

Great!! :)

I love the progress of your work, coming along beautifully, BRAVO, keep up posting!!!

Ouch,..to much honor for me,.is my first Boat and the first time i try out something new.
Normally i build Tanks in 1/35 ;D

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #26 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 12:16 »
Not on the pictures in my possession but yes (they are rendered on the turret and on the illustations and profiles in the box) on AFV's 1/350 VIIC/41 model (with options for U-995, U-1023 and U-1105).
Experts summon up!!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #27 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 13:13 »

I believe there are only vertical rivets on the casting for the lower and upper wintergarten. The spacing is at 500 mm or 7 mm at 1:72 scale. I also think it the same for the bridge casting.

Not sure about the riveting and hatches on the bridge casting as not done any research in this area of the boat yet.

Spare gun barrel tube was fixed to the boat.

About the two hatches on the lower wintergarten on turm 4, I had a quick look and found the forward hatch of the two hatches on U-1105 (A type VIIC/41), so it look like one of the two hatches were used. I will need to do more research in to this.

Nevermind4712

« Reply #28 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 14:36 »
I believe there are only vertical rivets on the casting for the lower and upper wintergarten. The spacing is at 500 mm or 7 mm at 1:72 scale. I also think it the same for the bridge casting.

Not sure about the riveting and hatches on the bridge casting as not done any research in this area of the boat yet.

Spare gun barrel tube was fixed to the boat.

Perfect!, ...thx a lot!!

About the two hatches on the lower wintergarten on turm 4, I had a quick look and found the forward hatch of the two hatches on U-1105 (A type VIIC/41), so it look like one of the two hatches were used. I will need to do more research in to this

Im really uncertainly about this hatches.
Here is a Pic from U-1023.

Short Handrail and a very,very small deck at the Place where the Hatches normally there.
At the Sea it was to dangerous to go through the Hatches because a really high risk to go over board.
In the Harbour for a Worker the same Problem...no Handrail and a very small Deck.

Can it be that the Boats with the curved Deck have this Hatches and the Boats without not?.

I think i build it without, is logical in my Eyes because the using of the hatches is to dangerous.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #29 on: 05 Nov , 2011, 15:11 »
The feel that the hatch is on U-1023 also, it just too hard to see it. Going by the other hatches, the seams are very tight and very hard to see. I could only see the hatch on U-1105 because of the Alberich coating. But like I said I have not research this area of the u-boat. I will check all my pictures now and see what I found.