Author Topic: VIID / U-217  (Read 926 times)

Offline Islandern

• Lieutenant (jg)
VIID / U-217
« on: 11 Dec , 2018, 23:27 »
Hello everyone,

I just bought the VIID in 1/144 scale from Revell. I am currently in the research phase of it, and I am going to build the U-217, as I liked the camo scedule alot.

Though, it seems very hard to find reference pictures of her even if she seems quite popular to build and paint in that camo.

Does someone have pictures of her and can help me?

Best regards,

Anders

(To. mod. I was going to reply to an older thread but a message asked me as that thread was over 90 days old, to concider starting a new one. Hope this was ok.)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: VIID / U-217
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec , 2018, 15:46 »
Hello Anders,

Here are some images of U 217 -

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Islandern

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec , 2018, 06:08 »
Thanks Dougie,

You are of a great help!

Do you know if there is more pictures of the camuflage scheme? To me that pictures camouflage differs abit from Revells paint instructions.

Best regards,

Anders

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec , 2018, 15:36 »
Hello Anders,

I don't know if there are other photos showing the camouflage scheme. It is possible Revell found other photos and that is what their pattern is based on. Remember that the specific pattern could have been slightly different between patrols so what you see in that photo could be a bit different from the scheme in another patrol.

But Revell might not have got it perfectly right. The scheme on their 72nd VIIC/41 kit has been criticised as many feel it is not correct at all.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Islandern

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec , 2018, 23:43 »
Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, perhaps they have other photos also. Atleast I have some more now.

We will see if i stuble upon some other in the research phase, then I'll share them here also.

Regards,

Anders