Author Topic: "Uhu" Diorama Complete  (Read 9177 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: "Uhu" Diorama Complete
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan , 2011, 17:01 »
Again, awesome stuff. Very creative and well executed!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #16 on: 08 Jan , 2011, 14:57 »
Hi Ernest,

That's a good choice for your forum name. I wish I'd put some thought into mine - it is just my name and my favourite boat (U 47) :)

Have a good New Year,

Dougie

Hi Dougie

I just pick up Enemy Submarine by Wolfgang Frank for $8 on a Internet-auction website :) Have you read it? Also just started reading The Royal Oak Disaster by Gerald Snyder.

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 10 Jan , 2011, 13:51 »
Hi Simon,

$8 is a bargain for Enemy Sub, it is one of my favourite books. Wolfgang Frank was board U 47 for the boat's 9th patrol (just like Buchheim was on U 96). I'm halfway through writing a patrol history of U 47 using the KTBs - Franks' book has been very useful.

Snyder's book sheds light on a lot of the controversies that were brought about by Korganoff's "Phantom of Scapa Flow". Another excellent book is "Nightmare at Scapa Flow" by HJ Weaver, which cleared up the controversies very well.

Enjoy both books,

Dougie

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jan , 2011, 10:54 »
Hello Ernest,

I just now saw your photos and really enjoyed the diorama.  In particular, the clear canopy parts look very nice - are they kit parts or aftermarket?  How did you do the canopy frames?

Cheers,

Bill

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan , 2011, 05:12 »
Thanks for the compliment Bill.  The canopy is from the kit.  I dipped them in Future and let them dry on a paper towel to get the clarity.  I used Eduard Masks to mask the canopy before painting.  The masks are a great aftermarket item that saves alot of time and worry.

Ernest

Hello Ernest,

I just now saw your photos and really enjoyed the diorama.  In particular, the clear canopy parts look very nice - are they kit parts or aftermarket?  How did you do the canopy frames?

Cheers,

Bill