Author Topic: Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details  (Read 572615 times)

Offline tore

• Tore
Re: Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details
« Reply #3720 on: 02 Jun , 2017, 23:59 »
Don.
I am afraid I have lost the general view of the pages I should check as it has been so many changes, is it possible for you to give a survey over which pages in your Skizzenbuch you want me to check?
Tore

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3721 on: 03 Jun , 2017, 01:21 »
Hello Mr Tore,

I believe we are current on pages to be verified...  Your post number seems to be stuck at 2,249??? and mine is stuck at 697???  I have just updated page 98, 99, 464, 465, and 466 and I am going to update Dropbox in about 10 minutes.

I do have one question...

Which spelling is correct?

Reinhard "Teddi" Suhren

- OR -

Reinhard "Teddy" Suhren

I see both spellings for Teddi - Teddy on the internet?

Regards,
Don_
« Last Edit: 03 Jun , 2017, 01:35 by Don Prince »
A man's got to know his limitations...
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3722 on: 03 Jun , 2017, 01:28 »
Hello Mr. Tore,

The latest version of Skizzenbuch is now uploaded into my Dropbox folder...

Regards,
Don_
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #3723 on: 04 Jun , 2017, 04:34 »
Hi Don,

the correct spelling is "Teddy".

I have read his autobiography "Nasses Eichenlaub", according to his own memories he was nicknamed "Teddy" because of the flabby kind he walks.

Regards
Falo

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3724 on: 09 Jun , 2017, 15:44 »
Hello Mr. Tore,

There is a Index.pdf file in the Dropbox folder... Is this some corrections?

Regards,
Don_
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #3725 on: 10 Jun , 2017, 00:10 »
Don.
Sorry Don, I guess it was accidential put there by me in my effort to get to get a picture of which pages I need to check. Just a proof of that I am really not belonging to the IT generation. I am gradually starting to read the complete Skizzenbuch and I am afraid it shall take some time before I am through the book in this rural remote area of the world. I shall keep sending my comments as I read the book, but right now I got a message that my connection is reduced to 64 bits / sec.
Tore

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3726 on: 06 Jul , 2017, 19:02 »
Hello Mr. Tore, Maciek, and All,

I uploaded the latest version of Skizzenbuch into my Dropbox folder yesterday.  I corrected a spelling error in a graphic on page 390 "DESIGN"...  The word spell checker would not find that error in a graphic JPG!  I also changed any reference to myself as the author and replaced it with Managing Editor.

Two reasons:
1. You all provided the information in Skizzenbuch and I just rearranged the words and graphics to follow a readable format. You all contributed to my education and knowledge about the Type VII U-Boat and I am eternally grateful.
2. It may take me awhile before I distribute Skizzenbuch to all at no cost as an educational resource... I must establish an LLC for "Krystall Klare Publishing" and then Copyright "Skizzenbuch as a Multiple Source Book" and finally purchase "CopySafe Software" to protect Skizzenbuch from any unauthorized changes or modifications to the released form.

This will cost me a little over $500 USD; It's amazing that you must follow this procedure just to give away a book/document. I believe I may be able to get all this done later this year, or sometime early next year.

Therefore, we all still have time to make changes to Skizzenbuch until I get it copyrighted...

Kind regards,
Don_
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #3727 on: 07 Jul , 2017, 02:57 »

Don.
This answered my latest question which mean I can proofread your final Skizzenbuch. I shall start reading but I am afraid it shall take some time depending how many rainy days we get during the summerholydays of my children and grandchildren. I particulary liked you changed name on your publishing company and shall revert if I have some comments to your Skizzenbuch. Sorry you encountered so much trouble for you enthusiastic work.
Tore

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3728 on: 08 Jul , 2017, 19:35 »
Hello Mr. Tore,

I had to correct page 356 because the top photo and paragraph was wrong! This still had the old info about the signaling device being the Junkers exhaust valve and lever.

I uploaded a corrected version of Skizzenbuch in the Dropbox folder...

Regards,
Don_
« Last Edit: 11 Jul , 2017, 01:01 by Don Prince »
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline VIC20

• Lt Cdr
    • WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
« Reply #3729 on: 22 Jul , 2017, 16:51 »
… "Krystall Klare Publishing“ …

Do you mean kristallklar? Or is that a kind of play of words?

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3730 on: 22 Jul , 2017, 22:00 »
Hi Mark,

I didn't mean it to be a play on words... 
What should it be correct for Kxxxxxxx (German) Publishing (English)?

Krystall Klare
Kristall Klare
Kristallkar

I ran all 3 through my German Translator and they all come out the same; Crystal Clear???  I wanted Crystal Clear (to be in German) + Publishing..

Regards,
Don_
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline VIC20

• Lt Cdr
    • WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
« Reply #3731 on: 23 Jul , 2017, 00:13 »
Kristallklar Publishing would be perfect. (It would be a good name too)

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #3732 on: 23 Jul , 2017, 12:25 »
Hi guys, when it's expected the publishing of your book ? I'm looking forward to buy it....

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3733 on: 23 Jul , 2017, 13:51 »
Hello All,

[The Bad News]
I had a committed publisher who cancelled about a month before the printing date.  Their reason for the cancellation was that they perceived the book was too expensive to print in a possible 11 x 17 format (about 500 pages) and the readership audience is too small and specialized to meet their required profit margin. Also, there are over 700 images (photos and drawings) which are mostly in color.

[The Good News]
Late this year, or early next year, I will get an LLC for "Kristallklar Publishing" and have the book Copyrighted, and purchase CopySafe software to encrypt "Skizzenbuch: U-Boat Type VII C Project" and the "Appendix Image Folder"... Once this is done, then the book may be downloaded as a viewable and printable file.

[The Best News]
I have spent the last 3 years learning about the Type VII C U-Boat from my great collaborators/friends on this web site. This is justifiably their book; I'm just the editor who assembled the information! We now have some time to review Skizzenbuch and assure to our best efforts that all the contents are 100% accurate.

Once all my milestones are met, then I will make the downloadable book file "Skizzenbuch: U-Boat Type VII C Project" available. I still have to work things out as far as distribution on several Websites, and I don't believe there will be any cost to the reader...  Free!!!

Kind regards,
Don_
« Last Edit: 23 Jul , 2017, 14:16 by Don Prince »
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
« Reply #3734 on: 23 Jul , 2017, 14:12 »
Hello Mr. Tore, Maciek, Simon, and Mark,

I corrected the publishing name to "Kristallklar Publishing, LLC USA" and that was the only change I made to the latest uploaded version of Skizzenbuch.

Regards,
Don_
Harry Callahan, SFPD