Author Topic: Looking for EB sheet metal deck plans.  (Read 2021 times)

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
Looking for EB sheet metal deck plans.
« on: 08 Jan , 2014, 11:28 »
Hi all,

I've been thinking of trying to CAD a proper and accurate Gato deck. Starting with a midwar Gato, with the partially wooden and partially sheet metal deck sounds best. I have good plans of the Bluegill's midships wooden deck area, but the sheet metal ends escape me. Are there any decent plans showing the exact sheet metal plate arrangements, especially their dimensions? The Eduard photoetch deck details and the Revell kit decks suffer from being of the Cobia postwar, after several changes were made to her, especially regarding the marker buoys. The Eduard deck plates are also made as one piece, with little perforations between the plates when in reality they were totally separate and distinct plates. My goal is to make an actual accurate wartime deck.

Many thanks for any pointers,

Robert

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Looking for EB sheet metal deck plans.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan , 2014, 00:01 »
That's a tough one. Great idea, but I have no secret source. I do have some shots of Silversides and Cobia from under the deck, so there's detal on supports and drain hole sizes and placement, etc., but as you say, the overall is post war and no good.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz