AIR > RAF

1/72nd Halifax - outdoors since 1973

<< < (2/2)

dougie47:
Hello chaps,

Thanks for your comments. I only found out last week that the arrow was from a He111. This wasn't much of a surprise as there were always bits of planes in the garage and garden. One of the plant pots was a nosewheel from a Gloster Meteor (you don't buy that from your local garden centre!). And a circular bit of perspex was not the junk I'd assumed it to be but rather it was a port hole from a Sunderland. There were also small parts from a Hurricane, Scimitar, Whitley, Catalina, Typhoon, He111, Albermarle, Javelin, Viking, Viscount and a Trident.

If you like your aircraft, Ernest, you might like this -

It is a section from the fuselage of a B-24 Liberator that used to reside in the garage. The two white triangles are part of the five-pointed USAAF star insignia. This piece is now in a museum, as are the other bits.

Cheers,

Dougie

Greif:
Very, very cool Dougie! 

Ernest

--- Quote from: dougie47 on 19 Dec , 2010, 12:20 ---Hello chaps,

Thanks for your comments. I only found out last week that the arrow was from a He111. This wasn't much of a surprise as there were always bits of planes in the garage and garden. One of the plant pots was a nosewheel from a Gloster Meteor (you don't buy that from your local garden centre!). And a circular bit of perspex was not the junk I'd assumed it to be but rather it was a port hole from a Sunderland. There were also small parts from a Hurricane, Scimitar, Whitley, Catalina, Typhoon, He111, Albermarle, Javelin, Viking, Viscount and a Trident.

If you like your aircraft, Ernest, you might like this -

It is a section from the fuselage of a B-24 Liberator that used to reside in the garage. The two white triangles are part of the five-pointed USAAF star insignia. This piece is now in a museum, as are the other bits.

Cheers,

Dougie

--- End quote ---

Rokket:
so are these from planes your dad shot down for keepsakes?  Maybe your Dad was trying to build planes from spare parts...? ;D

That's a LOT of cool stuff, especially for a garage!

dougie47:
Hi Wink,

As requested, here is a pic of the repainted Halibag in the air -

It's been the worst December on record in the UK in terms of low temperatures and snow.

Cheers,

Dougie

NZSnowman:
I can not believe it was cleaned to fly with that much ice on the wings ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version