SEA > BB

DKM Bismarck in 1/350 Scale

<< < (2/16) > >>

Greif:
I've only made slight progress as I have been doing alot of research.  Good thing to as the Bismarck went through a couple of weapon reconfigurations, a radar change on A turret and several paint schemes in her short service life.  I have decided to model the Bismarck as she appeared in Norway a few days before she departed for her first and only combat mission.  This time frame allows me to use all the weapons in the kit and I like the hull camo scheme; the one she arrived in Norway with.

The pictures show the hull as I am working through puttying, my least favorite modelling activity.  I have drilled the two holes for attaching the brass pedestals which the ship will be mounted with when finished.  The pictures don't show it, but I drilled two small hole in the stern above the waterline.  They are located where the exhausts for the smoke generator was on the actual ship. 

The next couple of shots are of the Arado Floatplanes before final cleaning up, and without the rear-firing gun and canopy.  I decided to show one of the aircraft with folded wings for a little variation.  Surprisingly, there was a good deal of flash on the floats and supporting structure, and one of the parts was way to thick needing some sanding to make it fit.

The final pictures are of two of the main gun turrets during the dry fitting of the metal barrels.  The barrels are very high quality and replacing the kit parts was as simple as cutting off the plastic barrel, drilling a hole in the mounting part, inserting the barrel and attaching the assembly to the trunion part. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures,
Ernest     

Greif:
Thank you for the link Dougie, I have been doing ALOT of reading there and it was been very helpful.

Ernest

--- Quote from: dougie47 on 07 Feb , 2010, 13:46 ---Hi Ernest,

Glad to hear the Bismarck won out in the end! You will have seen this site, I'm sure. But just in case -

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/bismarck_menu.html

There are loads of photos and other info on this site.

Cheers,

Dougie

--- End quote ---

Pat:
Greif, nice work so far.  I like the small gun turret with one barrel at a different angle than the other too.  Something you might see during a practice shoot.

Not sure if it's possible to do in the scale you're working at, but wouldn't the winge cross-section in the Arado with the folded wings be hollow with a bunch of connecting rods and cables and hydraulics whatever else might be inside?

Rokket:
off to a good start!

Siara:

--- Quote from: rokket on 11 Feb , 2010, 01:08 ---off to a good start!

--- End quote ---

Yep- im watching too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version