SEA > TYPE IX

Glenn Cauley's build of U-505 (Turm IV refit)

(1/24) > >>

GlennCauley:
In advance of my U-505 build actually starting... I have started to lay out the groundwork for my build WEBSITE:

www.travel-net.com/~gcauley/Uboats
www.travel-net.com/~gcauley/U505

It is my intention to build U-505 as it was during its 5X refit near the end of June 1943.  This was in the later part of the Turm IV installation when there was a new rear flakvierling installed (which I think looks simply awesome), the 105mm deck gun was still in place (before its removal), the Balcongerat was not yet installed, etc.   At that time, the boat was commanded by Kptlt. Peter Zschech.

There is not a lot of content on my website just yet, mostly just an intro and a rudimentary "Planning & Preparation" page, but as I actually start building the model I will be adding details along the way.

I MUST thank everyone here on AMP in advance, as certainly you all contribute in many many ways.   Please know that all your tireless help is VERY much appreciated.  It sure makes this hobby much more enjoyable and fulfilling.   (Cue the violins... ;D )

cola:
Looking forward to it Glenn...I learned quite a bit from your U-625 build.

falo:
Hi Glenn,

thanks for this "must have thread".

Regards
falo

Capt Kremin:
Hi Glenn,

Further to part# 167/168, been messing around with some pictures whilst she was at Bermuda and came up with attached photo, resolution poor, but looking at that hoop, it extends higher than I realised, it looks like when raised it was designed for a crewman to stand in it.
Would haved pm'ed this but I have no idea how to attach a photo to a pm.

Regards
Jon

GlennCauley:
We got great news recently about the status of some marvelous details sets... they are ready and shipping soon!

I updated the "Planning & Preparation" page of my website with pics of the new PE set with full decking from RC Subs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version