AIR > RAF

1:1 Spitfire

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rokket:
Could be Pat, both ont he ages/times and the returning Spits. Funny you say that about the wings, I agree completely! When you see one wingover or bank, that distinctive shape just screams "bird!" strange and well put.

Pat:
I think when I was a kid, Dad bought me about 5 different Spitfire models to build for him to go alongside the Lanc, Hali and Wimpy (Lancaster, Halifax and Wellington) aircraft that he was operational in.

The last aircraft model I built was a diorama of a FW-190 undergoing field repairs that's now in a museum.  I think I was in univ. when I built it.

The models available today are so much more detailed.  I've seen them with the interiors of Wellingtons and Spitfires so detailed you could pass of a photo as if it were a real one.

Alas, even the U-boat is stretching my budget these days.  Good thing that over the years of building wooden models that I developed a lot of scratch-building skills.

Rokket:
another useful skill is bank robbery ;D

Maybe you can start selling some models...

Pat:
Actually, almost all the models I've built have either been sold, donated or broken up for scrap over the years.

At the present time, I have no completed models in the house.

Chesapeake Bay skipjack - wooden - almost completed - mostly scratch built

USS Constitution - (the large Revell kit) - almost completed with all interior detail scratch including furniture in day cabin, scuttlebutts, and about 125 crew.

Noske L

Rokket:
You've got to get some pix up, and to keep a few when you finish 'em!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version