Author Topic: Dive into History Volume 3: U-Boats  (Read 2740 times)

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
Dive into History Volume 3: U-Boats
« on: 16 Jun , 2012, 03:14 »
Hello there,
a few days ago i purchased the book "dive into history volume 3: u-boats".  A pretty rare feat to find in bookshops here in Italy, the book being printed in 1994. The book combines research and actual diving experiences, contains facts, figures, archival and recent underwater photos of the wrecks, pics of the recovered items (some plaques, compass, stopwatch, sextant, binoculars, a 20 mm gun  :P , pins, etc.) and it is a pleasure to read. the u-boats treated in the book are: UC-97 and UB 88 (WWI), U-85, U-352, U-215, U-701, U-853, U-1105, U-2513. What's amazing is the amount of information collected in an almost pre-internet era, a time when information wasn't so widespread as it is today. If you need further infos from the book for research on the above boats just let me know, I'll provide 'em with pleasure
cheers
SG

PS I also recommend the pictorial books  "U-boote! St-Nazaire" and "U-Boote Lorient!" vol.1 and 2 by Luc Braeuer, amazing sources of photos (over 400), if u need more infos just let me know

« Last Edit: 17 Jun , 2012, 07:05 by SG »

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: Dive into History Volume 3: U-Boats
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun , 2012, 07:14 »
Hi SG,

I have the first Luc Braeuer book on Lorient and agree with you. So many good photos and a really good book.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
Re: Dive into History Volume 3: U-Boats
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun , 2018, 11:26 »
Old Thread, but books and history.   
Do either of you have book 3 of that " Luc Braeuer book on Lorient" series? If you do, does it have any pics of the U-505 return after it was bombed? Looking for pics on the U-505 from that time period. An ideas anyone. 
Thanks for looking. 

Later Tim