SEA > TYPE VII

Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details

<< < (2/910) > >>

NZSnowman:

--- Quote from: tore on 30 Jan , 2012, 00:20 ---Unbelievable! I have never seen it, you can really see every detail. I shall definetely study the pictures a little closer.
I see they have done a little fancy painting on the engines since  my time and unfortunately even painted parts which shouldn`t be painted f.i. the fuelcontrolrods of the fuel pumps. Great! I shall have interesting days ahead of me. Thanks.
Tore

--- End quote ---

Tore, do you mean that dark blue was not the original colour. I am shock to found this out!  ;) ;)

NZSnowman:
Colour coding for Piping

How common was the colour coding on the different piping system throughout the U-boat? Can you remember any of the colours?

We have a set of original German piping Schematics drawings that show the colour coding for each pipe (e.g. Gray with two brown bands = High Pressure Air for blowing or Purple with blue band = Oil purifying system piping).

However, it

tore:

--- Quote from: NZSnowman on 30 Jan , 2012, 02:44 ---
--- Quote from: tore on 30 Jan , 2012, 00:20 ---Unbelievable! I have never seen it, you can really see every detail. I shall definetely study the pictures a little closer.
I see they have done a little fancy painting on the engines since  my time and unfortunately even painted parts which shouldn`t be painted f.i. the fuelcontrolrods of the fuel pumps. Great! I shall have interesting days ahead of me. Thanks.
Tore

--- End quote ---

Tore, do you mean that dark blue was not the original colour. I am shock to found this out!  ;) ;)

--- End quote ---
The main engines were grey. The camshaftrods to the rockearms were not painted at all (metalic), the controlrods to the fuelpumps were not painted, the indicatorcocks black( not painted), and as far as I can remember the HP fuelpumps  were black.The small drains (dearation) on the fuelpumps same as the pump, not red. I`ll revert to the other question later today.
Tore.   

tore:
You may see a more correct picture of the enginecolours at Wikipedia Commons Filmset of das Boot, Wikipedia file: Bavaria filmstudio das Boot. Correct not painted fuelcontrolrods,camshaftrods for exhaust and inletvalves indicators cocks and engine colours on fuelpumps. May be a little too rusty on the nonpainted parts. Hope this don`t give you any trouble.
Tore   

tore:

--- Quote from: NZSnowman on 30 Jan , 2012, 02:56 ---Colour coding for Piping

How common was the colour coding on the different piping system throughout the U-boat? Can you remember any of the colours?

We have a set of original German piping Schematics drawings that show the colour coding for each pipe (e.g. Gray with two brown bands = High Pressure Air for blowing or Purple with blue band = Oil purifying system piping).

However, it
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version