Author Topic: PHOTO GALLERY  (Read 11648 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
PHOTO GALLERY
« on: 16 Nov , 2008, 00:16 »
We have a PHOTO GALLERY up and running! It's new, it's empty, and it NEEDS YOUR PIX!

being new and "Lite" there may be a small learning curve, but it seems pretty easy.

*** CONTENT NOTE ***
Suitability
Keep the photos relevant to the category and generally to the site. This means no naked babes (unless it's nose art). If you have complaints about certain material, contact Dougie or Wink (IM on this site or thru the main AMP site) and we will review.

Post your pix to "My Images" or the main categories.

Copyright
RESEARCH PHOTOS - some of these may be copyrighted pictures but should be share-able under "fair use", but credit source.
PERSONAL PHOTOS - these are automatically copyright by you, the owner of the pix. Other people MAY NOT use them without your permission. AMP may request use of photos. If it is for a commercial reason, an agreement will be made first.

Size
We are limiting screen size to 600x800px, and file size to 1meg per photo. Pix may be deleted as space runs out. As with ANYTHING, keep a master copy and only submit files that can be deleted.

Suggested categories/procedures/ideas are welcome.
ENJOY!
« Last Edit: 16 Nov , 2008, 00:18 by rokket »
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
Re: PHOTO GALLERY
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov , 2008, 02:45 »

Suggested categories/procedures/ideas are welcome.

Id like to see the seperate category for type II, and VII boats. It would help to have all available reference material gathered in one place. Instead of spending hours researching the internet with various results, members can get the info, and pics from here with ease. I think it will help to get the new members to the forum also.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov , 2008, 04:23 »
Sounds good, doing now! Thanks Siara.

Offline rabapla

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov , 2008, 02:13 »
hey, come on, folks!

Add some pictures to the gallery!
I know there's amazing stuff around............
« Last Edit: 20 Nov , 2008, 03:00 by rabapla »
Sincerely

Ralf

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov , 2008, 12:17 »
Hi guys,

Having one source on the net with all the photos the U-boat modeller needs would be fantastic. At the moment have to spend a fortune on amassing a library to get everything we need. There are photos on the net but not that many, and they are all dispersed around cyberspace. So one source would be great.

BUT a word of caution, if you will allow me. If we add too much material that may or may not be copyrighted, we will encounter trouble. For example if we added most of the photos in Steve Wiper's excellent pictorial there would be no point in buying the book! So I think it is a case of being prudent with the number of photos posted. If we are helping others, and a photo will prove better than any description would, then this would be okay. But a whole catalogue of images would be unfair.

Think of home taping back in the 80s. It didn't make much problem for the music industry. But with downloading on the net, the artists suffer because of the scale. We could host hundreds or even thousands of U-boat images on the site, and this would be fantastic for all modellers. But this would be very unfair on the authors who have travelled to archives, and the publishers too.

The U-Boot im Focus magazines are excellent resources. They publish rare U-boat photos that we haven't seen before, and their choices are always very good. But as the magazine is about these photos, it would be unfair of us to scan and post many of the photos in the magazines. So if we can be extra cautious about posting from this magazine Wink and I would be very appreciative. 

As for photos of your own models, post as many as you like. Whether it is a quick build or superdetail project, your photos WILL help your fellow modellers. Some may well follow in your own footsteps and use your builds as reference material. 

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov , 2008, 20:58 »
I took a look at my photos of USS Silversides and all of my photo's seem to be twice the size of the limit set.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov , 2008, 00:36 »
It's a very practical limit, otherwise (aside from bandwidth and time) users have to scroll and wait. . As an example, most digital cameras will take a 1-3meg photo, with it being "screen res" of 72 or 96dpi, and about A1+ physical size (25x33"). That is HUUUUGE to upload. For the screen, small and low res is ok, printing not so much (needs 300+dpi). You might resize your pix to be the size of an average screen (800x600px). Hope that helps.

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov , 2008, 07:49 »
oooH sure.......throw a bunch of numbers at the army grunt dude!!LoL! I have a resize program, just gotta get around to doing it.

Offline rabapla

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov , 2008, 10:19 »
being a dumbass with computers even I managed to size them down. used shareware "vso image resizer".
Sincerely

Ralf

Offline conus00

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov , 2008, 12:44 »
@ Wildspear I can help with resizing as well. PM me if you need help.
On the workbench:
Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-boat
ICM 1/144 Type IIb U-boat
ICM 1/144 Type XXIII U-boat
Revell 1/144 Type VIID U-boat
Minicraft 1/700 USS Ticonderoga CG-47
Collecting materials:
(scratchbuild) 1/144 Type XVII-B Walther U-bo

vonbulowfla

« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb , 2009, 06:31 »
greetings' out there in u boat land . love the site . i will have alot to offer the forum in the shape of some aftermarket  goodies i myself produce for the revell 1/72 type 7 u boot . they are still in the works but some shots i will post in the gallery will give you a rough idea of my products . again great site guys its about time we had a place to call our own .happy modeling !

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #11 on: 20 Feb , 2009, 08:02 »
greetings' out there in u boat land . love the site . i will have alot to offer the forum in the shape of some aftermarket  goodies i myself produce for the revell 1/72 type 7 u boot . they are still in the works but some shots i will post in the gallery will give you a rough idea of my products . again great site guys its about time we had a place to call our own .happy modeling !
           ...This is good news with your products since most of the "neat stuff" is offered over seas..subject to a heafty shipping charge...AND...Whats available here in the states is at the whim and convienience of the supplier ! I am assuming your in the states.. Welcome aboard..Bill in the U.S.A.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jan , 2010, 00:46 »
"UPLOAD FOLDER FULL" should be FIXED now (more space)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 21 Dec , 2010, 07:12 »
Hello guys,

I have removed a topic which included a link to a downloadable pdf copy of a U-boat book on another website. Although downloading the book will allow modellers very good research material, this practice is unfair on the authors/publishers of that book. Please bear this in mind before posting content on the AMP site. Below is a reminder of our thoughts on posting photos -

Having one source on the net with all the photos the U-boat modeller needs would be fantastic. At the moment have to spend a fortune on amassing a library to get everything we need. There are photos on the net but not that many, and they are all dispersed around cyberspace. So one source would be great.

BUT a word of caution, if you will allow me. If we add too much material that may or may not be copyrighted, we will encounter trouble. For example if we added most of the photos in Steve Wiper's excellent pictorial there would be no point in buying the book! So I think it is a case of being prudent with the number of photos posted. If we are helping others, and a photo will prove better than any description would, then this would be okay. But a whole catalogue of images would be unfair.

Think of home taping back in the 80s. It didn't make much problem for the music industry. But with downloading on the net, the artists suffer because of the scale. We could host hundreds or even thousands of U-boat images on the site, and this would be fantastic for all modellers. But this would be very unfair on the authors who have travelled to archives, and the publishers too.

The U-Boot im Focus magazines are excellent resources. They publish rare U-boat photos that we haven't seen before, and their choices are always very good. But as the magazine is about these photos, it would be unfair of us to scan and post many of the photos in the magazines. So if we can be extra cautious about posting from this magazine Wink and I would be very appreciative.

As for photos of your own models, post as many as you like. Whether it is a quick build or superdetail project, your photos WILL help your fellow modellers. Some may well follow in your own footsteps and use your builds as reference material.

Thanks for bearing this in mind,

Dougie

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: 24 May , 2016, 02:37 »
We have a gallery again! SORT of..the old pix are there, and you can post pix on the new gallery. PLUS, you each can have your own private gallery now. Unfortunately there are some tech tweaks..a pic uploaded is not visible, but if you download it it is real. Working on it.