SEA > TYPE VII

1/400 U-48 WIP

(1/13) > >>

SG:
Hi!
some WIP, the 20mm gun.
I used WEM PE as a base which served as a template for the main body of the gun. The rest of it was superdetailed w 0.13mm styrene, stretched sprue, 0.13mm copper wire and pieces of super-thin 1/700 PE railings from L'Arsenal (a propos, I wish to thank Mr Druel at L'Arsenal for the quality of his products and for being so kind and sharp w the shipments).
The 21 (!) pieces were assembled mainly w CA and there are also two welds. YES, micro-soldering is feasible and am grateful to Glenn Cauley (and indirectly to Siara) for opening my eyes on the matter and sharing his excellent technique, which proved to work even for the smaller scale.
Building work on my U-48 goes on slo-mo due to hospital work and some "technical problems":it had taken me nearly a month to build almost completely the first AA gun when it flew-off (while I was handling it with tweezers-aargh!!) and was never to be found again... i had to start all over again and here's the result. 
Suggestions, critics and tips are more than welcome!
SG

Unfortunately the "phi-shaped" aiming device in the foreground is barely visible in the pic and confounds with the top of the gun also made w "much" thicker stretched sprue. it's made of super-thin stretched sprue glued w tamya cement and was really painful to assemble and glue to the gun's L-support ;D

"The Three Amigos" (from L to R): WEM PE, my AAgun and the one by Mirage Hobby

NZSnowman:
It's look a little small ;)

WOW... Great work!!!

SG:
Tiiiiiny! ;D Thx NZ!

Rokket:
WOW! Really can't use that word enough. It's a good amount of detail, and then look at the scale, that kicks it to amazing! MUCH better than either the PE flat one, or the kit. Worth the effort for the results.

Greif:
Simply superb work SG. :o  The quality is beyond words really.  My compliments.

Ernest

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version