SEA > ALL other U-boats

Robbe`s type XXI, 1/40, U-2511.

<< < (2/13) > >>

vonbulowfla:
good work on the floods ron .beautiful outcome assured ! 8) 8) 8)

Bad Karma:
Thank you vonbulowfla,

I like this picture very much ,good reference material,studied this pic
for hours and hours,and I do have many things to do,and I have a million questions regarding this pic.But first things first.

Picture with the markings

Last week I noticed something that these ''H''shape plates do not have all the same size,
mmmmmm I think I am gonna used that on my boat,I have never seen this before  on a XXI.

These floodholes of the XXI are very similair like the floodholes of the type`s IX,
here you see a picture of U-873 a type IX-D2,I was wondering if the type XXI has also this hatch,mmmmmmm this is a very intresting detail.

And here are some pictures of my work on the floodholes,
Well I must say it is a lot of work,but well worth,I think it is a fair presentation.

yes childeren now I am getting happy.

my best regards,

Ron.

NZSnowman:

--- Quote from: Bad Karma on 08 May , 2009, 09:44 ---

These floodholes of the XXI are very similair like the floodholes of the type`s IX,
here you see a picture of U-873 a type IX-D2,I was wondering if the type XXI has also this hatch,mmmmmmm this is a very intresting detail.

--- End quote ---

Hi Bad Karma

Do you have Anatomy of the Ship - The Type XXI U-boat? It show several manhole covers (both mid line & lateral; wielded & opening one), large removable panels, a few small removable panels, battery hatch etc...  Most at mid line of the boat.     

NZSnowman:

--- Quote from: Bad Karma on 08 May , 2009, 09:44 ---
Picture with the markings

--- End quote ---

This the pipe in this picture, a fuel line to the boat or just a supple pipe to hold the boat upright ???

Also it a great wartime picture of a Type XXI :) that book did it come from ???

Bad Karma:
Hi NZSnowman,

Mmmmm >:( >:( >:( I don`t have this book,I hope you want to share this with me :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(!!!

''This the pipe in this picture, a fuel line to the boat or just a supple pipe to hold the boat upright''
These are timber beams to occur that she can`t fall to the right or left side.
In these pictures you see it better.

U-2502,

Rolland Morillot,ex U-2518,

''Also it a great wartime picture of a Type XXI that book did it come from'''
Marine-Arsenal''wunderwaffe-U-boot,type XXI'' page 23 has this picture.

my best regards,

Ron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version