SEA > ALL other U-boats

LOOKING FOR KIT: Revell 05004 or 05081

(1/2) > >>

GlennCauley:
I am looking for a model kit:

Revell #05004  or  #05081
1/144 German Submarine Type XXI (U2540 or U-2518)

This is an older, discontinued kit... and very difficult to find.

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.
I live in Canada.

(I am not interested in the kit with interior.)

SG:
Glenn i've got the kit with the interior. Lies in my stash and i think i won't ever be able to start working on it in this life. So if you want it it's yours, for free. Only thing, most of the port side of the hull is missing (to have a window for the interiors), but it shouldnt be that difficult for someone with your modelling skills to replace the panels and scribe a few details. Let me know.
Cheers,
SG   

GlennCauley:
Thanks for the offer, SG, but I will pass.
That 'interior' kit is still widely available -- I can get the kit here -- but I think it's much too much work to have to plug huge sections of hull. 

Regards,
Glenn :)

--- Quote from: SG on 08 Nov , 2019, 07:26 ---Glenn i've got the kit with the interior. Lies in my stash and i think i won't ever be able to start working on it in this life. So if you want it it's yours, for free. Only thing, most of the port side of the hull is missing (to have a window for the interiors), but it shouldnt be that difficult for someone with your modelling skills to replace the panels and scribe a few details. Let me know.

--- End quote ---

falo:
Hi Glenn, hi SG,

the kit you are looking for is rarely offered on ebay and then at a higher price because it is so rare. I keep my eyes open during the next visits to the flea market and the German ebay section. I suspect that now that there is a PE set for the XXI submarines in 1/144, it will be even more difficult to find the kit.

Another possibility would be to combine the interior XXI-kit with the "Wilhelm-Bauer" kit to get the second hull halves:

https://tinyurl.com/y3xk7pge

As far as I know, the halves of the "Wilhelm Bauer" kit are made of identical Revell moulds as the type XXI from the Second World War. Since the tower is mostly covered by the PE parts, as far as I can judge, this modification shouldn't be a big problem, but of course it's a lot of work.

Regards
falo

P.S.: Here is a construction report by Chris Wauchrop:
https://chriswauchop.com/2019/07/08/revell-1-144-type-xxi-u-boot/

SG:
Falo that's a clever idea! This would leave only the turret side to fix, some minor reworking i guess. The model by Chris Wauchrop is stunning in both details and painting/weathering. Good catch!

Glenn, my offer is still available if you don't mind buying a Wilhelm Bauer kit  ;D

Thx Falo, always great ideas and findings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version