SEA > ALL other U-boats

Full build report: Uboat XXI (1/72) – sunk and raised (years later)

<< < (9/9)

SG:
Super!

falo:
Weathering technique: Salt streaks

From AK interactive I used the wash "Salt streaks for ships" (AK-306). IMO a very useful wash because it is dilutable with "White Spirit". So it was an easy process to get my wanted hull look. 

Regards
falo

falo:
Weathering technique: Pigments

Now it was time to add pigments to the hull and the conning tower. I used the "Lifecolor- Combo Set 7" called "Algae":

https://www.dersockelshop.de/farben-/lifecolor-combo-set-7-algae_lifecolor_spg07.html 

IMO a very useful set because the powder/pigments in combination with tinted fixer are very easy to use. Tinted and thinned white glue (using water based acrylic colors of course) will do the same as the supplied fixer of the set and you can adjust the hue to your own needs. In addition to it I made my own powder resp. pigments by using weathered bark from small limbs pulverized into powder. Equipped with such polychromatic powder I had a good basis for the next weathering step as shown on the attached pictures.

Regards
falo

falo:
Weathering technique: Pigments (part 2)

Hay Gents,

sorry for the long delay but I had to arrange all the XXI pictures on my old HD. So the next posts are more picture driven.

Regards
falo

falo:
Weathering technique: Pigments (part 3)

Regards
falo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version