SEA > ALL other U-boats

Full build report: Uboat XXI (1/72) – sunk and raised (years later)

(1/9) > >>

falo:
P R O L O G U E

Hi Gents,

this is the beginning of my Type XXI U-Boat build report. The kit was a chistmas present to me in 2016. I needed one and a half year to finish the XXI as I took my time. It is planned that the boat shall be later a part of a sculpture of which more later at the end of the build report. So this boat will be no stand alone model – this factor is to consider.

The kit is from rcsubs (Oto Gerza) and IMO only for modellers with advanced skills and still more patience. I don’t know if these above mentioned requirements are dead-on to me but I gave my all to stand the pace with all these fantastic build reports here on AMP. So please bear with me.

My aim was to replicate a XXI which is heavily weathered respectively to imitate the look of a boat which was sunk and raised (years later) as a wreck – like U 2540 the later „Wilhelm Bauer“ and today „serving“ as a museum boat in Bremerhaven (northern Germany) and reconfigured to (wartime) U 2540.

The kit is finished so this is a „fast forward“-build report limited by sorting all the pics and notices. Due to this circumstances I show first of all detail pictures of the finished work to arouse your interest. The next post will start in chronology beginning with an deep inbox review.

Please stay tuned!
Thanks and best regards.
falo

SG:
WOW!i dig it. Excellent Excellent Excellent work Falo!

GlennCauley:
This is a MODEL?!?
Wow... I thought these were pics of the real thing.

Incredible, my friend, just incredible.

Looking forward to seeing the work-in-progress report.  :D

Islandern:
Looks fantastic, what a great build and weathering!

falo:
@ SG, Glenn and Anders: Thanks for your warm Words.

Regards
falo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version