SEA > TYPE II

Photo Etched for type IIA 1/72 or IIB 1/144

(1/4) > >>

Oto Gerza:
Tady je můj novĂ˝ projetct pro U-loď typu IIA 1/72

dougie47:
Hello gentlemen,
I wonder if you could help us. For customers who have bought the AMP Type IIA set 7201, I would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to compare the floods and the deck design on our set (released several years ago) to Oto's new set. For our friends who haven't bought our set, you can compare decks simply by downloading the AMP plan at -
http://amp.rokket.biz/docs/amp7201_typeII_plan.pdf
Oto has conveniently posted a file showing his design on this thread making any comparison very easy. It should not take you too long to spot the "similarities". Just to be clear, with the exception of the U-Brass set, AMP has not authorised anybody else to use our designs. Our philosophy is to share our research information but we obviously do not share our product designs with anyone.
Please feel free to post any comments on this thread.
Oto, I think you owe us an explanation.
Regards,
Dougie

dougie47:
Hello again gentlemen,
This is getting somewhat tiresome now. Please see another of Oto's products -
http://www.rcsubs.cz/index.php/80-uvod/88-photo-etched-for-revell-type-viic-viic41-05015
It should look familiar to anyone who bought the U-Brass / WEM floods set.
Oto - it looks like the torpedo doors on the bow piece have been reduced to a narrower width than the Revell kit. Can you tell me what width the doors are on your set? And if they are reduced from the Revell width, what photographs did you use? And what calculations did you do? White Ensign Models now sell the U-Brass set so I will be letting them know of the "similarities".
Oto - how did you design the floods at the rear? What photos of what boats did you use? They look the same as the Modelbrass pieces. The Modelbrass and your design both have small errors (the same small errors) so it would be interesting to see how you arrived at your design.
Regards,
Dougie

GlennCauley:
Hello Dougie,

After comparing Oto's products to the AMP Type IIA detail set, Modelbrass set, and U-Brass/WEM floods set, I have the following observations:

* The stern lower flood vents on Oto's VIIC set are nearly identical to Modelbrass (though there may be some VERY MINOR differences to make them not exactly the same).
* The bow torpedo door "cheek" pieces on Oto's VIIC set are nearly identical to U-Brass (though there may be some VERY MINOR differences to make them not exactly the same).
* Many of the major items on Oto's Type IIA set -- main deck, flooding hole templates, etc. -- seem to be nearly identical to the AMP set, though the outline drawings DO show some very minor difference to make them not exactly the same.

Oto Gerza:

good day
Type VIIC.
This building is a friend of mine who builds from modelbrass.
these photos are a model with modelbrass
I have other etchings. even I have two versions of the flooding chamber.
I have chosen here to move the anchor.
Fork, which are the building are actually modellbrass. Building from my friend.
Now I am building type VIID. Then here I have pictures on my etchings and flooding chamber.
  I can say that you were looking at my etchings type VIIC that I had before.

photos that are on my site from building submarines are directly modellbrass.
My displacement chambers are different.
Sample of buildings are directly modellbrass yes. this building is my friend.
http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=69300

I drew holes flooding and controlled directly through the hull dimension Revell.
I also drew rivets, which are connected to the hull Revell. Modelbrass has no rivets.
I have my Webo showed the sample structure from a friend, and this is directly modellbrass
I do not have my etchings finished yet

There are large differences gentlemen !!!
see second image

I made one mistake that we showed up type VIIC.
It was there for me banned. Is that so?
Therefore, you can delete all my posts here.
But never say that I am someone copied.

Glenn me alone begged me he drew type VIID.
Now I will be here to slander?
I do not understand your actions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version