Author Topic: Robbe`s type XXI, 1/40, U-2511.  (Read 24918 times)

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
Re: Robbe`s type XXI, 1/40, U-2511.
« Reply #45 on: 21 Mar , 2021, 10:06 »
Thanks SG, much appreciated.

The forward planes are ready, everything is made from plastic/epoxy/brass and stainless steel.

The planes can always be removed for maintenance if needed.

Started today with the Snort. Brass/brass is soldered, brass/3D printed parts are glued with ZAP, the green stuff.

Have a wonderfull day, and stay safe out there.

My best regards,

Ron.

________
Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: curiosity.

Jim Morrison

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: 10 Aug , 2021, 09:12 »
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is how the boat looks like today.
Snort and Antenna loop finished. Bronco`s attack scope looks like sh?t. This part has to be scratchbuild.
The CT hatch can be open and closed, open when the boat is on patrol and closed when she in port.

The SBTS unit is for controlling the main ballast, i hope. If not this unit goes into my U-47.
The other unit is the reciever. The battery pack is underneath these 2 units, it can be removed after each patrol.

The main motor, servo`s, water pump, leveller and speed controller.

New transmitter for the little boats.

I have made my choice regarding this boat, it will be the U-2345 together with the U-2354, 2336 and 2337.
When they departed 0n 18 / 19 April, 1945 from Kiel Germany to Kristiansand, Norway.
I have three Bronco`s in my shipyard right now.
In the first pic you see a dock side. It`s Italeri`s long dock, i have 2 of them. Still need the dock side with stairs.

Regards,

Ron.

________
Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: curiosity.

Jim Morrison

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #47 on: 10 Aug , 2021, 10:46 »
Ron, you did an amazing work with the snorkel and the naxos antenna. Also, the grill PE at the stern must have been difficult to tame, and you succeeded very well to adapt it to the model. The electronic gadgets and the remote control are like hyerogliphics to me but am sure you know how to handle them properly. If you are planning to have the tower hatch that can be opened and closed, superdetailing the inner side of the hatch to some extent would be advisable, considering the big scale of the model. Excellent choice of boat too: a very worn out boat, a weathering feast  8) 
On standby for updates, thanks for sharing!
SG
« Last Edit: 10 Aug , 2021, 13:07 by SG »

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: 11 Aug , 2021, 08:44 »
Dear SG,

Thanks for watching. Don`t wan`t to sound arrogant but that grill at the stern was just an easy one.
4th pic, the T-shape plate with rivets, that`s was a difficult one, gaves me a headache. Still not finished.

As for your advice, if it was a display model(not RC), i have certainly done that.
The CT is almost the height as the hull itself, and i don`t want to have a waggle boat when she is on the surface. Trying to keep the CT light as possible.
The brass for the Snort was inevitable, didn`t want to use aluminium.

O yes, can`t wait for using my airbrush again on this baby, and the dock side, it`s bin long, long time.

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 14 Aug , 2021, 13:36 »
Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting. I can't remember who told me, I think it was Bob from OTW, but I remember being told to keep the conning tower of an R/C sub light so that it doesn't waggle about on the surface. Always best to keep the centre of gravity low.

Those Italeri dock sections are good, I used parts from them in a dockside build and they were very handy.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: 18 Dec , 2022, 09:03 »
I am sorry for this absence on AMP. The health issues in my family were from bad to worse.
My mother lost the batlle with cancer on last 21 Januari. She died in the Hospital.
I am now sort of caregiver for my dad. And i am his only child. Since my last post on 11 August 2021.
I was in the Hospital more, than i was at home.

I have some updates regarding the boats(s) and dio. I will post them soon.

Here is a little teaser.
The street lantarn is just a dry fit.

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: 19 Dec , 2022, 12:11 »
Hello Ron,
I am really sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, please accept my condolences. I hope things are going okay with your father.

Updates on your diorama would be welcome, I like the street lamp which is illuminated. A nice touch. I should point out that the AMP forum will be closed at the end of this month, with the next week or two so that folks can save information from various posts before the forum goes down.

Cheers,
Dougie

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 20 Dec , 2022, 06:14 »
Hi Dougie,

Thanks, really appreciate it for your kind words. My mother and father were married for more then 50 years, it`s a hard time for him :'( :'( :'( .
I am always there for him. Cook, house improvements etc etc.

When i read the news that AMP is closing there doors, i went down in a corner, and cry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( .
I still do not know were to resume this thread.

My best regards,

Ron.

P.S., i will miss AMP.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 02 Jan , 2023, 08:18 »
Happy New Year. Please stay healthy.

Under the lights....................

This building has 9 SMD lights, 4 inside and 5 outside. For the dio i want to have 3 of those buildings. 27 lights in total.

Bright.

Less bright.

Control board for 28 SMD lights.

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 19 Feb , 2023, 07:50 »
Last couple of weeks did not much work on the boat itself, but i bought some nice goodies.
Please have a look.

New periscope, i love it.

New brass proppelor.

Maintenance crew.

Barrels and food supplies.

Swasticas for the buildings.

Two Seehunds for the dio.

New NIMH battery pack for the transmitter.
8 cells, 9,6 Volts. 4300 mAh.

New NIMH charger for the transmitter, max 8 cells. 1000 - 8000 mAh.

I can now trickle charge these batteries 24/7 without destroying them, when not in use.

Charging,

Trickle charging.

And the Revell 1:72 Skipjack class. It`s my first non German submarine.

This workbench will be moved to another room in a couple of weeks/months.

Hope you like it.

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: 23 Feb , 2023, 11:28 »
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the update. I like the maintenance figures and barrels. 1/35th is a good scale for a diorama, I enjoyed adding little details to the Accurate Armour dockside such as oil barrels, seagulls, a rat, rubble, welding equipment etc.

Have you had your R/C boat running on the pond or has the first launch still to come?

Also are you going to make the Skipjack an R/C model? It looks big enough to house a dive module despite being a plastic kit.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 25 Feb , 2023, 04:16 »
Hi Dougie,

Robbe`s U-47 was my first and last boat commissioned. Decommissioned many years ago.
She will be commissioned again in the future  with a major overhaul. My fiend has allready finished the 3-D printed bulkheads for the WTC.
I have allready most of the PE parts from Boris.

The old bulkheads (grey), i didn`t like.

The new bulkheads (blue), pics taken by my friend.

The old bulkheads (grey), removed.

Yes, the Skipjack class, USS Shark (SSN-591) wil be an RC boat, Something like this.....Still on the designers table.
The drawing is NOT made by me.

USS Shark.

I hope you like it.

My best regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: 07 Mar , 2023, 12:06 »
Hello Ron,
I remember recommissioning my HMS Vanguard a few years ago with a new dive module, changing from a dynamic to a static boat. It was like a whole new project, rippin things out and starting over. I hope your recommissioning goes well. Also would like to see the dive module when it goes in the USS Shark.

Cheers,
Dougie

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: 19 Mar , 2023, 07:31 »
Hi Dougie,
Vanguard from OTW??

Working on the Navigation lights. I am going for the more tradional way. Red for left, green for right.
These leds are watertight, i am using the same leds for my 3D printed street lights, only they are warm white.

The Bronco manual way.

Example. The commissioning of U-2332. The Oberleutnant zur See is Dieter Bornkessel.

Dieter Bornkessel on the right with his former Commander from U-354, Karl-Heinz Herbschleb.

Have a nice Sunday.

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison

Offline Bad Karma

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: 07 Oct , 2023, 04:49 »
Continue with ``THE LAST DAYS OF THE WOLFPACK``

Trumpeter`s Schwere Plattformwagen, SSyms 80 with Bronco`s Seehund late war, with extra fuel tanks (more on that later).
I am a littlebit rusty regarding airbrushing and wheatering, the horror :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( . It will be fine in the future, i hope.

Trumpeter`s Railway Gondola, lower sides with Tamiya`s Flak 38 Flakvierling (more on that later).

Regards,

Ron.

________

Jim Morrison