Author Topic: U-826  (Read 42465 times)

LE BOSCO

U-826
« on: 19 Aug , 2010, 11:04 »
Hi All

I am a French model maker( What explains my bad English :D)i work on a VII-C/41 since quite a lot of time
I work on the armament ,and I am there

"Beautiful departure", but he is not good for my 826!! :-\

That this would be the good mounting,but I do not know of this mounting !
I do not find of documentation!
Thus i launch a SOS!If somebody has plan or even photos ,i would be the happiest of the men :D
Best regards
Nicolas

« Last Edit: 28 Aug , 2010, 02:58 by LE BOSCO »

LE BOSCO

Re: U-826
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug , 2010, 10:18 »
hi hall
If I find some thing on the armament,He will go here!

I have not the talent of some here :-\But I shall like to end it  :D

One view of the parts which I make for this model

regards
Nicolas

TRM

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug , 2010, 10:38 »
Bonjour Nicolas!

Great job, looking forward to seeing more of the build. Keep the pics comeing ;D

LE BOSCO

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug , 2010, 11:12 »
thank you TRM!

At the moment I am really blocked >:( >:(because of the weapons :-\

bracco_n

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug , 2010, 19:39 »
Nicely done! could you post more detailed pictures of the Schnorkel and the piping?

Offline Pat

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug , 2010, 21:01 »
Not sure what help it is that you want, but if you could make your question again, I will try to help.  The mounting you are looking at is the standard Kriegsmarine naval mounting for the 37mm Flak.  You will find it on U-boats, E-Boats, destroyers and large ships such as cruisers and battleships. 

Pas sure quelle aide c'est que vous voulez, mais si vous pourriez faire votre question encore, j'essayerai d'aider. Le support que vous regardez est le support naval standard de Kriegsmarine pour le feu antia

LE BOSCO

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug , 2010, 02:51 »
Hi!

Bracco
thank you for your comments,no problem for the other detailed pictures of Schnorkel and the piping,but later.

pat
votre Fran

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug , 2010, 10:28 »
Hi Nicolas.

You are right there seems to be two different mounts for the 3.7m. I had not noted this before. I will look in to this on my next days off work. I will let you know what I found.

But a first look at this mounts it looks more like a late-war style. It look clearer, and more simple, also folding the shields back would had help with underwater boat speed a little bit.

LE BOSCO

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug , 2010, 10:51 »
Hi NZSnowman

I thank you for your proposition of help!And while I am there,i has to congratulate you on your work!!!
best regards
Nicolas

Offline Pat

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug , 2010, 21:27 »
Nicholas (Le Bosco)

Yes, the gun on the U-boat is a 37mm FlaK on an M42 naval mount. 

Here is another picture and some specifications for the gun.  It also shows the sights if you look closely.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_37mm-69_mk42.htm

In the pictures you have of the gun on submarines, I think it is exactly the same except that boat on the left has only the starboard shield folded while the one on the right has both sides of the splinter shield folded in. 

In the picture of U-1023, it's difficult to make out exactly what gun is installed.  It MIGHT be the same gun just rotated at an odd angle and perhaps with part of the splinter shield cut down for faster speed when submerged.

LE BOSCO

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug , 2010, 22:33 »
HI all

Bracco , I had promised the photos of "pipes"
The manufacturing of the new mast of the schnorchel

Everything is maintained in a temporary way, because I have to make moulding in resin

And finally the realization of a piping presents on starboard port on most of the VII-C/41

I think that the Germans engineers we make of improvisations!! 

see you later
le bosco

Offline Pat

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug , 2010, 17:46 »
Excellent work you're doing Le Bosco!  Your ductwork is looking really good.

I'm sure you're correct, that the Germans were masters of improvisation.  They had to be during wartime with supplies being scarce and sources being bombed on a regular basis.  They wouldn't know what meterial was available from one boat to the next.

But improvisation I think is a hallmark of marine building.  I have my own sailboat, and every time I see one of the same marque as my own, I always go to inspect it.  I've never seen two exactly the same.  That seems to hold true with other types of boats too.  Superficially they all look approximately alike, but when you get close and look at the actual fittings, there's always differences.

You're building the same type VII C/41 from Revell that I am, although I've modified mine a lot to represent a different boat, so I'm familiar with the model.  However, the splinter shield on your 37mm FlaK looks much more detailed than mine did out of the box.  Did you add the details, such as the hingesetc., or have they changed the moulds at Revell?  The shield on mine started out completely flat.

Not that it's stayed flat BTW.  I not only added the hinges, I made them operating so the shield on mine folds, IF you unlock them by pulling the levers that stick out at the side and go to to the braces in the centre.  I think my 37mm ended up about 75 pieces.  Far more than the kit out of the box.

LE BOSCO

« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug , 2010, 22:27 »
Hi Pat

The work which you describe me on your shield is hallucinating!You made a functional shield?If it is the case bravo and I would like to see photos of your "masterpiece"
I becomes crazy with my story of 37mm, in spite of my search I do not find at the moment many things

Bracco

In anticipation of other assemblies ,I was made another head of schnorchel

But also a new "pair of shoe"!!!!

best regards

Nicolas

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug , 2010, 00:31 »
Nice scratch building.
I like it a lot.

Offline rabapla

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #14 on: 24 Aug , 2010, 01:17 »
superbe!

if You made masters of your detail parts: why not sell them as aftermarked detail sets?

sincerely

ralf
Sincerely

Ralf