Author Topic: New Monogram 1/72 Shuttle Stack build  (Read 11776 times)

Lake County SpacePort

Re: New Monogram 1/72 Shuttle Stack build
« Reply #15 on: 18 Dec , 2014, 11:21 »
We'll these should be the last pics for a while...
Endeavour in now on the 1/72 scale Edu-Craft Shuttle Mobile Launch Platform (MLP) model, looking every bit as good as I wanted it to.
We've placed a "photo-correct" 1/72 scale "We're Behind You, Endeavour" banner on the south MLP railing, along with the NASA flag, the United Space Alliance flag and the American flag, just as they were when Endeavour rolled out prior to STS-134. The realism of David's (Maier) Edu-Craft models compels me to keep doing better on the "birds" I perch on them.
This one's a "keeper."

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #16 on: 19 Dec , 2014, 02:50 »
Wow!  There are a lot of other words, but that does it for me.

I saw Endeavour's maiden launch in Fl. Just at the gates of the military base. Far away, but what a sight.

VERY well executed build, and with so much great detail behind it. Thank you for posting.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Lake County SpacePort

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jan , 2015, 09:28 »
Rokket:

Here's another set of "parting shots."
As you might recall, there was a "parallel project" going on while the Endeavour STS-134 "stack" was being built.
It's another 1/72 Orbiter-only model of Atlantis for STS-135.
The AMP Shuttle windows came out even better on her that they did on Endeavour! Maybe practice does make (more) perfect. Anyway, here's her front window area, and a look at the finished product.
She's sitting at the same 42 degree tilt that she is in her display building at KSC's Visitors Complex.
Thanks again to AMP for making these great components available!!

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jan , 2015, 00:19 »
She looks fantastic! Great display too as an extra. Nice framing and angles for the pix, too. Wow! Beautiful ship.

Thanks or the kind words about the windows...they can be fiddly, but you made them sing.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz