Author Topic: Shell Welder Coastal Tanker 1/130  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
Shell Welder Coastal Tanker 1/130
« on: 30 Jul , 2016, 09:11 »
Greetings,

Originally issued by Frog many decades ago, this build involves the Modelcraft reissue from 1996. Firstly, this has to be one of the worst molded kits ever. This is not a kit that can be quickly or easily constructed - it demands many hours of tedious work and endless scratch building. Some of the parts are so poor, they really can't be cleaned up or corrected. Every one of the remaining parts required some work, in some cases significant modification. In several instances, I decided to discard kit parts entirely and scratch build replacements as this was faster and easier than struggling with the kit parts. There is a PE set available for this kit from Atlantic Models, but I used 1/125 scale brass railings and other parts from Toms Model Works which helped tremendously. I also used similar scale photo etched inclined ladders I had in my spares bin (can't remember who made these). Many kit parts were improved with scratch built details or items from the spares bin. Although there are many faults with this old kit, it has great potential. If you enjoy scratch building and have lots of patience, this is a great project of a unique subject in a large scale.  Many thanks for having a look, your questions and comments are always welcome.

Cheers,

Bill

« Last Edit: 25 Apr , 2018, 07:34 by Mr. Bill »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Sheel Welder Coastal Tanker 1/130
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul , 2016, 01:54 »
She looks great! Tell us more about the details of your scratch work!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
Re: Shell Welder Coastal Tanker 1/130
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr , 2018, 07:56 »
For some reason postimage.org was recently blocked for a domain definition problem and had to change to postimag.cc

The result is all images hosted by the old URL will not resolve properly.  I had to go through every image link, one by one, and edit ".org" to ".cc"

If anyone notices any images that I may have missed on this topic, please let me know.  I will have to eventually go through all of my other forum posts and edit those image links also.

Many Thanks,

Bill
« Last Edit: 28 Apr , 2018, 08:27 by Mr. Bill »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr , 2018, 03:20 »
How frustrating! We'll keep an eye out.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun , 2018, 13:10 »
Well the pics are back. And some Great Photos they are indeed. Bill as I stated before you really know how to use a camera. 
Great job on the model also. You did a very fine job on it. 

Later Tim