Author Topic: VIIC/41 - Schematices drawing  (Read 513510 times)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: VIIC/41 - Schematices drawing
« Reply #270 on: 27 Nov , 2009, 20:12 »
Auxiliary Oil Pump

Fig. 1. The Auxiliary Oil Pump found in the engine room on the port side of the boat.

Fig. 2. The Auxiliary Oil Pump found in the engine room of U-995. Picture from http://www.uboataces.com/u995.shtml

Fig. 3. Electrical boxes and switches found in the engine room.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #271 on: 29 Nov , 2009, 17:13 »
Does anyone know the diameter of the two pipes (red & green) for the air trunking ??? Thanks, Simon.

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #272 on: 01 Dec , 2009, 00:45 »
Hi Ernest

I had some feedback also from Uboat.net, someone suggest the three words are: Farb (A color len), Gl

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #273 on: 01 Dec , 2009, 01:27 »
Hi Ernest

I had some feedback also from Uboat.net, someone suggest the three words are: Farb (A color len), Gl

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #274 on: 09 Dec , 2009, 10:49 »
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or information on the exhaust silencer?

Thanks, Simon

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #275 on: 10 Dec , 2009, 13:02 »
Hi All

Can anyone please conform this for me. In a cross section view we know that the stern angles down to the very stern, but is there a second angle change above the end of the pressure hull?

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #276 on: 10 Dec , 2009, 14:20 »
As far as i know- theres only one angle.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #277 on: 10 Dec , 2009, 18:44 »
Thanks Siara for you help :) I have never seen any original German measurements for the area between the top of the deck and the pressure hull/stringer. A few of my scan plans looked like they had a second angle :-\, but maybe it was just the way they were scanned.

I thought it was unusual to have a second angle, as the different between the two angle is only about 2-3

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #278 on: 10 Dec , 2009, 23:50 »
I have to change my mind now. I recheck all my measurements and there must be a second angle in the stern deck. As the rudder post will not fix under the deck, in fact the top of rudder post stick through the deck :(

I believe the second angle was at the end of the wooden deck (Frame No. -3).

Here are the stern deck numbers I believe.

Frame Number +19 to +60.1; Deck angle 0.0

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #279 on: 11 Dec , 2009, 02:25 »
Interesting.
What i was goin to say is- the change of angle on the rear of the deck is not sharp, but kinda soft- thus making the deck sloping gently.
On your drawings it looks almost like suden change of angle. What about rounding it a little- will it make the difference?

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #280 on: 11 Dec , 2009, 02:36 »
Yes, I think you are right, the angle does like a little sudden :( I will look into this tomorrow morning, getting late in NZ, time to go to bed now ;D

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #281 on: 11 Dec , 2009, 02:37 »
Hi All

I have seen this marking on a few switches, it look like a 'V' within a 'A' (lower right corner). Does anyone know the marking or the company?

Thanks, Simon.

Picture from http://www.uboataces.com/u995.shtml

Found the answer to the marking - Voigt & Haeffner A. G.  ;D

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: 11 Dec , 2009, 15:04 »
Hi gents,

You may be right about the second angle, Simon, but it is so hard to tell. I can't tell a noticeable second angle change in period photos. I'd favour Siara's advice on rounding it off as this would be a safer bet.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #283 on: 12 Dec , 2009, 15:44 »

Fig. 1. Exhaust System.

The exhaust system is nearly finish :) it taken me a lots of research, reading, asking questions (thanks again to everyone who is helping me!!!) and drawing to get it all correct. There is lots of detail in the drawing, like the correct scaling of nuts, rivets, piping, plate steel etc... I have added detail of the building hatch (you can see this in the change in the ribbing, and the change in the pressure hull). I have added the forward diesel exhaust valve that leads to the schnorochel (This took me some time to get the correct valve and handle). I am currently working on the exhaust outlet with help from Dougie. When I will finish I will start working again on the Ventilation system in the Engine Room.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #284 on: 13 Dec , 2009, 02:11 »
Interesting.
What i was goin to say is- the change of angle on the rear of the deck is not sharp, but kinda soft- thus making the deck sloping gently.
On your drawings it looks almost like suden change of angle. What about rounding it a little- will it make the difference?

Hi gents,

You may be right about the second angle, Simon, but it is so hard to tell. I can't tell a noticeable second angle change in period photos. I'd favour Siara's advice on rounding it off as this would be a safer bet.

Cheers,

Dougie

Hi Dougie & Siara

Was looking for pictures of the Diesel Exhaust Outlets today, I came across two really good pictures of the stern that show the profile very well. You can see the second change of angle, plus both you guys are right, you can see that this second change of angle is rounded. I will start working on the new profile and post it when it finish.

Simon