Author Topic: VIIC/41 - Schematices drawing  (Read 513859 times)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: VIIC/41 - Schematices drawing
« Reply #105 on: 10 Feb , 2009, 19:56 »
Does anyone know if the height between the top of the pressure hull and the deck was greater for the VIIC/41 compare to the VIIC? I measurement the distance and I find that the VIIC/41 is approximately 200 mm higher. Is this correct?

Was it higher to make more room for piping etc...?

« Last Edit: 10 Feb , 2009, 20:02 by NZSnowman »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #106 on: 13 Feb , 2009, 22:14 »
I have just finish completely redrawing the stern part of the hull of my drawing. I have used genuine U-boat measurement base on very precise U-boat plans. That I was very kindly given to me by Trierarch ;D. All the frames, ribbings,

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #107 on: 14 Feb , 2009, 01:50 »
Really good job!
I can imagine, your drawings to be of great help for the model builders. Where were you when i needed to know how the U-Boot intestines looked like? >:(
I hope you will make the same kind of drawings before i start the type II. ;)

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #108 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 01:39 »
Superb, :D

You are really making an outstanding job here.

I am glad that my plans helped you so much, but yours , as Siarra mentioned justly, will become the new Bible reference for future modelers. 8)

I can't wait to see the rest. :P

As I am actually working on the front inside parts, I think I will wait a bit until you have completed that part too before I go any further.

I will also second Siarra vote for a set of plans on type II. ;)

Cordially,

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #109 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 03:18 »
As I am actually working on the front inside parts, I think I will wait a bit until you have completed that part too before I go any further.

I have just started on the engine room today :) I will finish this section and then move to the bow section. I have done a lot of it already. I think I only need to check the frames and ribing spacing ::)

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #110 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 11:40 »
Good, so it leave me plenty of time for a few of those excellent German beers...  :P Maybe I'll also go for some schnapps as well to toast to your superb plans... 8) hips!!! ;)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 12:34 »
Hi guys,

There will be a Type II side profile plan in 72nd scale in the AMP set. When we were designing the set we drew a plan as we were going along. This is essential to show the modeller exactly where the hull pieces and drill templates should be placed on the kit hull. The idea is for the modeller to lay the kit hull on top of the plan, and then get placement of the parts in the correct position.

The same is true for the tower. We have side profiles for both sides of the tower (both inside the tower walls and outside).

We don't have internal plans as the set deals with the external parts of the Type IIA.

I'd love to see Simon extending his considerable talents to the internals of the Type IIA!

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #112 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 01:31 »
Engine Room - Oil Tanks & Frames ;D Thanks anyone for the nice words.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #113 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 10:46 »
Thought this be the quickly way to get the news out (as it on tomorrow) than starting a new topic. I just find this over at the Uboat.net forum.
A documentary on U-480 about Alberich http://www.arte.tv/de/woche/244,broadcastingNum=975967,day=5,week=8,year=2009.html

English
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arte.tv%2Fde%2Fwoche%2F244%2CbroadcastingNum%3D975967%2Cday%3D5%2Cweek%3D8%2Cyear%3D2009.html&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Now I wish I was in Germany, as my girlfriend is German and currently over there :'( & I would love to be able to watch is DocO :'(

Updated
If anyone gets to see this DocO, I would be keen to know and ask a few questions, as I am doing U-1308, I would be keen to know anything about how the titles looked on the boat, size, layout etc
« Last Edit: 18 Feb , 2009, 02:43 by NZSnowman »

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #114 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 10:57 »
Hello,

Thanks for the info, I will look it with great pleasure. ;D

It is just a shame that I have nothing to record it :'(. Maybe later you can check Arte Internet site as they do sometimes sell copies of their programs afterward.

;)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #115 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 11:12 »
Thanks Trierarch, Happy watching. I jealous :P :P :P I should be a good DocO. I will check web site and try to get a copy.

If you get to see anything about the titles layout I would be very keen to know. They may even have pictures of U-480 at the bottom of the sea with some of it title still open, that would be very cool 8)

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #116 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 14:55 »
Hello,

Good news you can watch it here. It will be available for one week starting now!!!

http://plus7.arte.tv/fr/detailPage/1697660,CmC=2454420,scheduleId=2415840.html

I am afraid it is in french so :'( For me it is no problem of course, but at least you can see the whole pictures.

Happy wiewing to everybody ;)

;D

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #117 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 16:04 »
I forgot to mention that yes you see the ship at the bottom of the channel, and plenty of the rubber tiles detail. They say they had 2 coats, the first one was plain, and then it was covered with a second one with 2 sizes holes to absorb ASDIC.

They say that even the horizontal surfaces of the guns were covered!!!

A great view also of the mirror of the sky view scope among other things.

If you have questions of what they say on particular points, just ask me ;).

:D

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #118 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 16:15 »
The video is not available- i think thats what it says.  :-\

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #119 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 16:38 »
Sorry you can't watch it, but apparently they have displayed it over 800 times in less than an hour... I tried the link and it work on my computer, may be try again later.

In the mean time here are a few pictures:

Tiles details

On this one the finger at the bottom left corner gives you an idea of the scale ;)

:)