Author Topic: Trumpeter 1/48 Main Dive Tank Construction  (Read 954 times)

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
Trumpeter 1/48 Main Dive Tank Construction
« on: 03 May , 2018, 15:54 »
Hi
Help please. I have tried to add a more accurate curved floor to the Control Room and adding the correct ribs to the Main Dive Tank (Tauchellen 3) in RED.

I'm not sure though if the Tank has extra longitudinal ribs as shown by my RED cross hatching? If so would they also have Lightning Drain holes?

Also anyone have an easy way to make the curved ends of the Tank?
If the ends are too hard to construct I'll just close up the 2 end Oil tanks :}:}

Anyone know for sure on the Ribs?
thanks
Mike
« Last Edit: 03 May , 2018, 16:09 by Raymic1 »

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Re: Trumpeter 1/48 Main Dive Tank Construction
« Reply #1 on: 04 May , 2018, 00:17 »
Hi Mike,
I not yet faced the problem of building the main dive tank compartment, but I never saw a drawing of the structure of this zone, in any case no one useful for scratch building purpose...
I think maybe NZSnowman has some more informations on regard, but unfortunately his drawings not yet covered this sub's zone...
Maybe you'll have to imagine the missing particulars....
Cheers.
Filippo

P.S. : can you post some more photos of the second compartment that you finished, that one behind the torpedos compartment ?

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #2 on: 06 May , 2018, 19:23 »
Hi Fillippo

PM me your email address and I'll send you some photos.
I don't think there is a lot of interest for Model building the Trumpeter on here other than a few of us.

But it's a very useful site for external technical info or operating info via Tores.

I see you have a build blog on another site. I would be interested in seeing some more of your work too.
cheers
Mike

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: 07 May , 2018, 08:11 »
Having a 1/48 to build I know that I would be interested in seeing your build blog. Pics and build info would be great for me.
Hope that you post build blogs.

Later Tim