Author Topic: Insignia & emblems  (Read 1905 times)

TRM

Insignia & emblems
« on: 04 May , 2010, 16:27 »
Hello All,

While still searching for the ever elusive U-69 photos (Probably none more than I found left, but fun looking) I came across a Chinese Forum.  15 pages on a discussion of "U-boat Logos".  Ties individual boat insignia with lapel and hat pins.  Either way, Great Stuff.  Some great CT shots and the different insignia used.  (Damn, the same 3 or four shots of the 69) but an awful lot of pics. 

Click :  http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.cww2.net/bbs/read.php%3Ftid-158635-fpage-1-page-5.html&ei=MZjgS8elFoH78AatuaDmBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Du-69%2Breturns%2Bto%2Bst%2Bnazaire%2Bcww2.net%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2    and it should come up ( hopefully not ALL IN CHINESE DIGITAL FORMAT).

Side Note:  If anybody wants to share with me how to type something like "Cool Pics" and embed the computer crap...I mean hyperlink into it so I/we don't have to look at the:  se*^R&TV7696f98y8g09 BS I would greatly appreciate it!

Back to it,

If in Chinese, Paste into Google (or I guess any browser) it should show up in the web listing & Hit "translate this page" and it will open in English. (unless you read Chinese)  For some reason, it opens the page for me on Page 5.  I just clicked to Page 1 and started, you can start from 5 if that's you thing...LOL.

A little slow on the uploading when it starts but worth it.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
Re: Insignia & emblems
« Reply #1 on: 04 May , 2010, 17:34 »
          Refreshingly different, TRM, thanks
                                                  Bill

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #2 on: 05 May , 2010, 11:28 »
 ;D

TRM- try this:

[ url = your link] your text [/url]
Should work.
Remove spaces- it wouldnt let me write this otherwise.
« Last Edit: 05 May , 2010, 11:30 by Siara »

TRM

« Reply #3 on: 05 May , 2010, 12:54 »
Thanks Siara! :P