Author Topic: U 47  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
U 47
« on: 01 Apr , 2009, 00:47 »
JAORSA has a few questions about U 47, Dougie Knows All in that dept! But here they are for everyone:

=========
I would like to ask you two questions in reference to the kit Amati U-47

1 .- Diesel exhaust outlets are a little higher than the free-flooding holes. Is this correct?
2.-The free-flooding holes Amati are shorter and I'm making them longer. Is that correct?

I want to make the model as real as possible and have seen all the pictures of the U-47 in www.U47.org, but there are some details that do not look good. Have you more pictures of U-47?
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: U 47
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr , 2009, 14:11 »
Hi Jaorsa,

1 - The 1938/39 exhaust outlet was round and at the same height as the flooding holes. This was changed in early 1940 to a large oval hole ABOVE the line of flooding holes.
2 - Do you mean the holes themselves are too short in length? Or the length of the entire group of holes?

For a more accurate U 47 you might be best converting the Revell VIIC to a B. The tower of the Amati U 47 is okay but the rest is nowhere near as good as the Revell kit!

Cheers,

Dougie

JAORSA

U 47 AMATI
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr , 2009, 15:14 »
Hi Dougie,
Javier from Sevilla (Spain) here. One question; In the drawings and planes that I have seen of the U-Boats Typ VIII
« Last Edit: 03 Apr , 2009, 15:52 by JAORSA »

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: U 47
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr , 2009, 06:04 »
Hi Javier,

Oh yeah, I see what you mean now. You're right the round hole was a little higher than the main holes. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Dougie