Author Topic: Question for Those Collecting Part Model U-96 Parts  (Read 895 times)

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign

For anyone collecting the magazine issues and parts for the Part Model U-96: What issues have the conning tower parts? Specifically, I would like to obtain the issue that has the wind deflector. Hopefully it is close enough in size to the Trumpeter conning tower that it will fit. Thanks in advance..

Offline Don Prince

• Admiral3
Re: Question for Those Collecting Part Model U-96 Parts
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan , 2017, 02:09 »
HI Tucker,

Go to the following link that has a PDF
http://amp.rokket.biz/docs/the_wolf_pack_compr.pdf
This is a very extensive booklet with info about the U-96 tower by Dougie Martindale.

Below are images of my OTW 1/32 scale of U-96 brass plate tower (Not resin or fiberglass).  The only error I have is the lids on the running lights.

Regards,
Don_
A man's got to know his limitations...
Harry Callahan, SFPD

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
Re: Question for Those Collecting Part Model U-96 Parts
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan , 2017, 14:42 »

Thanks for the info. I at first thought I might build my Trumpeter kit up as U-96, but have since decided to do U-71. That way I can use the vanilla conning tower, along with a set of experimental vertical deflector plates that were unique to U-71. Those look doable without a great deal of trouble.  A build of U-71 with its blue sea serpent insignia has also to my knowledge never been done in 1/48th scale..

« Last Edit: 22 Jan , 2017, 14:44 by Capn Tucker »