Author Topic: Why can't I open pictures in threads?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline maillemaker

• Ensign
Why can't I open pictures in threads?
« on: 27 Sep , 2016, 10:14 »
Why is it that in so many threads when you try and open the pictures they do not display or they display strange garbled colors?

Steve

Offline falo

• Admiral
Re: Why can't I open pictures in threads?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep , 2016, 23:59 »
Hi Steve,

if you are logged in when viewing threads and you can't see the attachments the links are corrupted. Due to the forum update some attachments don't longer work.

Regards
falo

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov , 2016, 07:42 »
Hi Falo,
I don't underdstand why almost all the pictures included on the threads, also those ones very recent, are not readable...
I was very happy to have found a forum for my new passion about the U-Boats ( I intend to buy the 1/48 Trumpeter U-552 ), but the great part of pictures of the threads are not usable...
Is it possible to remedy at this drawback ?
I hope so...
Best regards.
Filippo 

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #3 on: 02 Nov , 2016, 07:57 »
This may not have anything to do with this...

I have found some older threads with older pics... and the pics are corrupted.  Fine, it sucks but c'est la vie.
If someone posts a link to a pic that is hosted at a pic-sharing site (like PhotoBucket), they may be unreadable depending where you are... due to restrictions in firewalls, etc. not allowing certain content through.
If you upload a pic directly into a thread, it should appear (if it is within filesize & dimension limits).
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov , 2016, 05:01 »
Nothing to do...I realize, navigating in various threads in TYPE VII Type ( my interest ), that the great part of images are not readable...
It's a real pity, because your forum was on of the best I found in internet discussing U-Boats modelling arguments...
If someone has some other interesting links, please, notify...
Thanks in advance.
Filippo

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #5 on: 03 Nov , 2016, 05:37 »
Filippo.
Just shoot your VIIC questions in my mailbox usually your requested images might pop up.
Tore

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: 03 Nov , 2016, 08:33 »
Hi Tore,
thanks for your interest in my question; I didn't understand what you mean with " Just shoot your VIIC questions in my mailbox usually your requested images might pop up.
[/size][/color]
Is there your mail box in every page of the forum ? Can you explain a little better ?
Thanks

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: 03 Nov , 2016, 14:06 »
I'm sorry to say what I'm saying, but my disappointment grows at every thread I open, with the ascertainment that all the images aren't openable or readable....
I was convicend to have found the right internet site that I was looking for: instead the forum resultes to be quite useless, despite the great resources it seems to have....
I give a suggestion to the site's Administrator's: let the resources of the site available to all U-Boat's enthusiasts, as I am...
Anyway, thanks to all who gave attention to my questions....
I'll try to find another site right for my modeller's requirements...
Cheer

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #8 on: 04 Nov , 2016, 14:12 »
Filipo.
What I mean is over the years I have participated in many VIIC discussions and questions and have a file of many images thus it might be possible I can help you in case  you have a question or image you cannot retrieve, just put down a request in my mailbox it might be I have an answer or even an image.
Tore

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
« Reply #9 on: 04 Nov , 2016, 15:31 »