Author Topic: Newbie Saying Hi, and desperately needing U-brass p.e. set  (Read 1889 times)

nathan211

Hi Guys,
Newbie to the site here, I mostly model armor, and planes but have recently been bit by the sub bug! I have just finished Bronco's Seehund, and a 1/350 Type VIIC u-boat.

I am currently starting a huge project with the 1/72 Revell Type-VIIC which I am "oil canning" right now. I have a Nautilis wood deck, Pontos super detail set, White Ensign torpedo doors, Eduard 88 gun, Blue Ridge upper pressure hull, Archer rivet set, and to complete the accessories I need the U-brass p.e. set for the flood hole in the bow and stern. I am trying to make this as accurate as possible.

I have been scouring the web looking for this p.e. set and thought I had it by ordering it on U-brass website, but I have not recieved the item, and my emails have not been returned. I am going to have to email paypal to see if I can get my money back. So does anyone have this set for sale, or know where I can get it?

I have attached some pics of my subs, and appreciate any comments.
Thanks for the help,
Nathan

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
Re: Newbie Saying Hi, and desperately needing U-brass p.e. set
« Reply #1 on: 03 May , 2016, 22:20 »
Welcome Nathean,

Nice work, you can always post photos more of either boat, if you want.
In answer to your question, get you money back via PayPal and order through WEM now owned IIRC by Toms model works.

Regards
Jon
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline TristanR

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #2 on: 04 May , 2016, 00:56 »

I ran into the same problem trying to get hold of those flood holes (or are they drain holes) I ended up buying the outrageously expensive PE set at subdriver, looks like they are on pre-order now, maybe they can help?

http://sub-driver.com/index.php/accessories/photo-etch-kits/photo-etch-kit-for-revell-submarine-viic-or-viic-41-05015-or-05045.html

Very nice subs by the way!

Offline pumpjet

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: 04 May , 2016, 16:14 »
Try rcsubs.cz

He has a ton of PE available

Hope this helps

Bob

nathan211

« Reply #4 on: 04 May , 2016, 17:58 »
Welcome Nathean,

Nice work, you can always post photos more of either boat, if you want.
In answer to your question, get you money back via PayPal and order through WEM now owned IIRC by Toms model works.

Regards
Jon

Hey Jon, thanks for complement, I plan on adding more pics soon of these 2 subs. The link you sent is for the Torpedo doors, and few other details, but not the set I was looking for for all drain holes. I actually already have that set.

nathan211

« Reply #5 on: 04 May , 2016, 19:46 »

I ran into the same problem trying to get hold of those flood holes (or are they drain holes) I ended up buying the outrageously expensive PE set at subdriver, looks like they are on pre-order now, maybe they can help?

http://sub-driver.com/index.php/accessories/photo-etch-kits/photo-etch-kit-for-revell-submarine-viic-or-viic-41-05015-or-05045.html

Very nice subs by the way!

Looks like that is what I need. $85 is highway robbery for that set, especially seeing I only need 4 pieces from it! Looks to be the only game in town though.....guess I'll have to wait till I'm drinking before I can order that one:)

nathan211

« Reply #6 on: 07 May , 2016, 06:45 »
Well I finally found my set, and of all places on this website!!
 [size=78%]http://amp.rokket.biz/am_type7set.shtml[/size]
I don't know why I didn't see this set before, but is definitely a better deal over rcsubs set. I think I ended up  paying $56.00 with shipping for a 168 piece p.e. set.

Also I have had some time to explore the forums, and your guys post and am in awe of what I have found so far, quite a wealth of information here.

Thanks for the help!