Author Topic: Japanese subs  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
Japanese subs
« on: 15 Feb , 2009, 11:59 »
Hello,

Does anyone knows about these Japanese subs 1:72 scale? ;D

http://www.lindberg-models.com/models-in_the_water.html

If the size is correct, I hope that our favorite team will produce an excellent after market upgrade for it when they are done with their type II.
 ;)

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
Re: Japanese subs
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 13:14 »
If im not mistaken this model was just schown on the Nurnberg model expo, and at 1,5m long it is going to be real beast.
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2009/Bilder/Bilder_01/index.html

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb , 2009, 15:43 »
 ;) Yes this will be a nice beast. I personally would have preferred a type IX, but now that more and more manufacturers build subs at that scale, I am certain that we will have not too long to wait for....
 :)

Mr.Mox

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 04:14 »
I have somewhat mixed emotions about these kits for a number of reasons.

I don

Mike K

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 08:56 »
   No mixed emotions, here. I'm gettin' one.
   However, I have an advantage. I've been told, that one of the guys, at my Sub Vets Base, served on one of the Japanese boats, after the war. Once I've got the model in hand, I'll drive him nuts, wih questions.
   Of course that's based on two aasumptions. !) He lasts long enough for Lindberg to release it. And 2) his memory isn't as bad as mine.

If I had my druthers, I'd like one of those big aircraft subs, but I'll take what I can get.

DBF,
Mike K.

Offline Trierarch

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 15:16 »
I hope for you he also has photos,as words are important, but good photos are invaluable.

Another problem will be to find some good documentation in English, as for me I can just say Sushi in Japanese.

;)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 00:40 »
Hi Mike,

Good stuff. Nice to have a source like that.

I'm with Mr Mox, for sime reason I just don't get excited by teh Japanese subs...tho as Mike says, teh aircraft one, veeery cool.

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb , 2009, 10:54 »
I saw the Lindberg model at the N

vonbulowfla

« Reply #8 on: 06 May , 2009, 08:54 »
siara ' nice thread on the nurmberg show some good goodies comimg out ! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

aurora-7

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug , 2009, 10:32 »
Just by chance, I looked at my account at 'Free Time Hobbies' just to see what the status said about my I-20 kit I had on order since December, 2007. My status said -SHIPPED!!! OMG!!!! I thought the I-53 was going to be released before the I-20!

I did not get a notification about the shipping so I don't know when it shipped or when it will arrive but I can't wait until it does!

Offline Division 6

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug , 2009, 13:58 »
It would be nice it someone did the I-400 in 1/72. :o
The 1/350 is so tiny at only 14"

I've never even looked at Japanese subs until I read Black Wind by Clive Cussler.
It had the I-403.
That number was actually skipped in production, probably why he used it in his book.

Eric...

aurora-7

« Reply #11 on: 14 Aug , 2009, 13:30 »
False alarm. I called 'Freetime' and they said when they converted to a new on-line order system, old orders like my were assumed to be filled by the system. They have the hard copies of all the 1/72 IJN preorders to be filled.

They said they were told by their suppliers the kits should arrive next week. If so they'll ship the kits right after theyget back from the US IPMS Nationals.

I was so excited............... :'(

Mr.Mox

« Reply #12 on: 31 Aug , 2009, 06:20 »
It seems that they are shipping them right now - any takers ??, any reviews on the net? - photoes ?

First impressions seems that they are a sorry sight ... ?

Cheers/jan

devans

« Reply #13 on: 31 Aug , 2009, 14:17 »
From what I've seen you'd be better off passing on this one. Seems Linberg lived up to their usual low quality.
Check these threads. Too bad, a Japanese sub would have been perfect.

http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php5?t=9191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983692

Don

Mike K

« Reply #14 on: 31 Aug , 2009, 16:14 »
I talked to a lady at Squadron Shop, the other day. She said they were in and would ship shortly. (I'm on back order) But no charge to my account, yet, so I guess it's not on the way, YET!!
And I don't care how bad they are. I've done several Lionfish and am working on another now. There's nothing that can't be fixed. I stll want one.
Patiently waiting,
Mike K.