Author Topic: 1105 Black Panther  (Read 2062 times)

Blitzen

1105 Black Panther
« on: 03 Feb , 2009, 07:54 »
I'm looking for images and advice on the size of the rubber sonar tiles and where they were adhered to the 1105. Were they all over, incl the CT or just on the lower hull?  Someone sent a picture of another uboat with tiles, but they looked pretty flimsy. I thought the 1105 tiles were a foot across or less. Anyway, any help will be appreciated. Also looking for advice on going with a brass PE deck and accessories or wood. Thanks.

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
Re: 1105 Black Panther
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb , 2009, 08:21 »
          Brass..your looking at cracked seams due to expansion / contraction.. (temp change)

Blitzen

« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb , 2009, 07:57 »
I imagine that the brass deck is pretty thin. How do I attach it to the hull sides and reinforce it? Is it difficult to glue on the CT and other plastic parts? What about the compartment for the schnorkel? What brand of brass PE do you recommend? THanks for your help. ANd I welcome additional info and links from anyone else. 

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb , 2009, 08:07 »
I imagine that the brass deck is pretty thin. How do I attach it to the hull sides and reinforce it? Is it difficult to glue on the CT and other plastic parts? What about the compartment for the schnorkel? What brand of brass PE do you recommend? THanks for your help. ANd I welcome additional info and links from anyone else. 
            Blitzen...Brass deck..You'll also have to shim to make the proper height.  >:(  Nautilus makes a nice wooden deck if you want to spend the bucks...If you have the time and not in a hurry make your own out of styrene strips.. It all depends on how much detail you want to have. Bill
« Last Edit: 05 Feb , 2009, 08:23 by billp51d »