Author Topic: Working Drawing - VIIC/41  (Read 19980 times)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Working Drawing - VIIC/41
« on: 02 Feb , 2009, 23:14 »
While working on my deck of my U-boat I untaken a lot of research and ask a lot of questions and I wanted a way to say thanks everyone who help me. I learn a lot about deck layout arrangements for the VIIC/41, so I thought a good way to say thanks was to make a working drawing of the deck arrangements. This deck arrangements will not match the earlier boat but all the piping under the deck should be the same.

The PDF document contains several different layers to make viewing easier. These layers can be view all together or separately by selecting or deselecting layers within Adobe Reader. There are two versions, a full and lite version. The only different between the two is that I remain all the screw and bolts on the deck from the lite version (where are about 15,000 screw and bolts on the deck ;D) to help speed up the redrawing on older computer.

The drawing is in no way finish and need a lot more work on it. I want to add additional layers to it that include the Radio Aerial wires, Hand rails and a Lateral view. I am hope to post updates of the drawing when they are ready. The reason why I am put it on now, this that I would like some feedback on it.

You are welcome to download it and have a look. I only ask you one thing if some of you can post some feedback on it, as I would like to make it better and a useful modelling tool for future modeller.

Happy downloading ;D Simon

2nd February 2009
Version 1.0  ISIONLite version http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzaizxwld3r (6.78MB)
DELETE Full version http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ty2zdkzzkz5 (11.45MB)

8th February 2009 
Version 1.0 Full  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yuyiejl3nzf (12.29 MB)

Fig. 1. Full view of working drawing.

Fig. 2. Close-up view of the hatch propeties.

Fig. 3. Close-up view without deck and hatches.

Fig. 4. Close-up view without deck and hatches remove but showing hatch locations and properties.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb , 2009, 23:36 by NZSnowman »

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
Re: Working Drawing - VIIC/41
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb , 2009, 10:24 »
Since I'm never statisfied with lite anything I down loaded the big file, took 2min on my netbook. Great work. I will use this when I get working on my first U-boat. After I finish my Gato of course.

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb , 2009, 11:05 »
Hi Simon,

Looking very good and very detailed. Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb , 2009, 20:00 »
Hello Simon,

I found your efforts to be extremely impressive and want to express my sincere thanks for your contribution.  I will definitely reference your work in my build of U-45 (progress report coming soon!).

Regards,

Bill Dunn (Mr. Bill) 

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb , 2009, 20:30 »
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 14:25 »
Thank you Simon!  This is really, really nice!

Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #6 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 16:24 »
Congrats on house, and sorry you have 2 big projects to manage at once!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: 06 Feb , 2009, 16:25 »
So have you picked out the right colour for the house? have you gone Dungelgrau or...?

Mr.Mox

« Reply #8 on: 07 Feb , 2009, 02:35 »
Have just downloaded and looked at it, really great - will be of huge assistance when I am going to scratch my innerhull on my VII C.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers - and have fun doing 1:1 scale work  ;D

Jan

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #9 on: 07 Feb , 2009, 23:26 »
I have updated the working drawing today (only the full version, as it seen that most people are uploading this version). I have added the aft navigation light, forward hydroplane and cable tensioner system and made a list of references and resources used for the drawing. I have also added a few small changes to the hatch properties layers.

Happy viewing.

Version 1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yuyiejl3nzf (12.29 MB)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #10 on: 09 Feb , 2009, 00:02 »
Warning Warning Warning
This information is for anyone who is using any version of my working drawing and a VIIC/41 model. I have just realise the bow metal plate is incorrect. It is short by 3.8 mm at 1:72 scale >:( The bow metal plate should start from frame #102. This error has come about as I forget that the bow is longer on the VIIC/41 :-[ and the internal bow plans I am using are for the VIIC. I am fixing this error right now and will post an updated within the next few days. Sorry :-* :-*
Warning Warning Warning

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #11 on: 09 Feb , 2009, 14:20 »
Hi Simon,

version 1.1 of your plan is really nice.  Thank you very much for sharing your hard wotk with others!

Sincerely,
Ernest

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #12 on: 09 Feb , 2009, 14:25 »
Because I have to fix my mistake :-[ and thanks to Trierarch for a full high detail plan of the framing and ribbing layout ;D I will now correct all the framing and ribbing on my drawing so they will be 100% correct (You got to love 1/1000 of a mm drawing precision ;D). However, this will take sometime as I have to fixes or move +130 frames :o If anyone needs a copy of my plan before I finish the changes in one or two weeks please email me.
« Last Edit: 16 Feb , 2009, 00:33 by NZSnowman »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb , 2009, 00:09 »
still, a very worthwhile project I think - the result wil be vety useful and educational!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #14 on: 06 Mar , 2009, 02:48 »
Just a small update on the working drawing...I thought it would take only one or two weeks but as you can see it been four weeks so far :( I have still got about two or more weeks work to finish the framing, ribbing and hull layout. It has taking much long to check-move-recheck... all +200 frames and ribs. But I think it should be a useful resource when it finish ;)