Author Topic: Type VIIC/41 - Work in Progress  (Read 58983 times)

bracco_n

Re: Type VIIC/41 - Work in Progress
« Reply #90 on: 13 Jul , 2009, 21:12 »
Dougie, my camera is out of order. As soon as we buy a new one I'll post some pictures.
At the time I'm painting the CG deck and converting the railings. I have a question about those little hatches from the Eduard set. What colour should I paint them? I thought maybe black or grey but I'm not sure.

bracco_n

« Reply #91 on: 31 Jul , 2009, 16:58 »
Can anybody tell me what colour should I paint those little Eduard Hatches on the deck please?

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #92 on: 31 Jul , 2009, 17:26 »
Same as the deck, from what I can gather. The deck was wood treated with carblinoulieoumbumdum (spell), and tho there seem to have been 2 types, a common was a charcoal col that matched the hull paint and the anti-fouling paint. The difference would be slight, between the deck an the metal, you might make the metal more solid charcoal, and the deck more thin and washy. The deck grates were wood, but there are some metal hatches. Dogie's Uboat colours article (AMP website, Library) will have more indepth info.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #93 on: 01 Aug , 2009, 04:44 »
I agree with Rokket on that.
I would paint the hatches same as the deck, but the only difference would be the weathering.
The deck with the usual worn to the wood paint, and some staining, while hatches with element of rusting, and metal shining through. The other aspect worth considering is the difference in finish. Wood surface should be sealed with satin, or dull coat, while hatches in gloss- i think.

bracco_n

« Reply #94 on: 03 Aug , 2009, 16:38 »
Siara and Rokket, thanks for your help!
I took some pictures finally. Here's the progress on the deck, still some work to do there:

Some weather has to be done and cover some mistakes here and there. The metal parts, do I paint them black or dark grey? The deck would originally be black so I think they should go in black, plus the weathering.

I've also been working on the CG, made a little conversion for the railing that is not finished yet. hope you like it!

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: 05 Aug , 2009, 03:03 »
Nice to see pix! good stuff

bracco_n

« Reply #96 on: 06 Aug , 2009, 18:47 »
Thank you Rokket! what else should I do to my deck? (apart from painting the metal parts)

Offline Jan

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #97 on: 08 Aug , 2009, 11:22 »
Yeeeaaaah! That looks cool! Makes me look forward to continue my own build...

bracco_n

« Reply #98 on: 08 Aug , 2009, 13:13 »
yes Jan I can't wait to see some progress on your boat!!

kagero43

« Reply #99 on: 08 Aug , 2009, 18:51 »
Wow deck really looks great. Nice subtle tones to it to give it that scale variation! I like the way you have some areas faded. Keep it comin'. - Harvey

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #100 on: 09 Aug , 2009, 05:59 »
Looks good, maybe just make the metal bits a slightly darker shade, with some bare metal chipping, but looking good

bracco_n

« Reply #101 on: 02 Jan , 2010, 20:52 »
Hey fellas! I've been out of the dockyard for some time. I had to finish school and sit four acceptance exams to enter ITBA, the most pretigious engeneering university here in Argentina. got 6s and 7s in all of them (passing mark was 4) so I'm really happy. Summer holidays are in full swing here in the southern hemisphere so I'll be taking of for the seaside tomorrow.
While studying I had some time to work on U-1023 and I'm glad to say that she is nearing completion. The hull is 90% painted, deck is all done, CG has some minor things to be done here and there, the only thing not done yet is the AA armament. Then comes weathering of course. I'll be out for the most part of january so work will restart on february.
I haven't lost track from the projects here, I'd like to see more of U-711, U-45, U-552. Greif's new project is looking great (also his Type II).
I hope you are having a nice 2010 and I'll see you in february!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #102 on: 02 Jan , 2010, 22:33 »
Have a great summer break :) Summer is also in full mode in New Zealand now. Its been nice and warm so far this summer, However, it been very windly for the few days. Where I work on the ski area, we record a wind gust of 210 km/h two days ago ;D

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #103 on: 03 Jan , 2010, 09:09 »
Hi bracco, congrats on passing your exams, with excellent score no less!  You build is coming along nicely; it looks great.  I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #104 on: 06 Jan , 2010, 01:05 »
Ditto on the cingrats, well done, hard work and now hard play!

We'll be here when you get back.